Old 08-07-2013, 08:40 PM

Default 67 GTO w/ Sprint lines

I purchased a 67 GTO convertible from a friend around 1971 72. Didn't think much of it at the time but when I look back at some old pictures I remember the white striping just above the rocker moldings running the length of the car. I've never seen another GTO with this - could that have been ordered at the dealer? It looked factory but I guess any good pin stripper could have added it -- has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Also - I am looking to locate this car - last seen in Northern Jersey - Sussex area - its a 67 4 spd convertible - original color was Signet Gold - but I had it painted red metalflake. I would think it would be back now to its original gold paint color.
The person I sold it to was killed in backyard tractor accident many years ago and I lost track of car - If this sounds familiar to anyone, I'd love to hear from you!

This car made many trips from Jersey to Miami - racing everything on the way down. Back then 95 was not complete and you had to take many back roads. On one of these roads in South Carolina I was messing with this Camaro - I'd pass him - he'd pass me etc. we did this for at least 20 miles - in excess of 100 mph. It was in the early morning hour 2-3 AM - when I saw these red flashing lights illuminating behind me. I had what felt like my 1st heart attack - I quickly woke everyone up and told them to get ready - we are going to see the Judge and probably be in the slammer for awhile.

The Carolina trooper met me just outside the rumbling Goat and said "Boy, do you know why I pulled you over"? My first thought was to say, well DUH, but I didn't and just replied, no sir. He then replied "what are you doing driving on these dark roads with a headlight out"! I could have kissed him- he got really p-off 'cause I couldn't help but getting happy and almost laughing - he wound up following me to the next service station (many miles down the road) to make sure I got it fixed. Him getting this mad over a headlight, I can't image what he would have done if he clocked me at over a 100!! I'd probably still be locked up down there.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Like this?

Unless someone bought the graphics (I guess through Pontiac) I would venture to say that the car was not a true GTO.

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Old 08-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Years ago I saw a couple of GTOs with the Ralley stripes across the trunk and quarters, and other GTOs with them the length of the car in various positions. Done by the owners not by the factory. For that time they looked cool.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Possibly HO stripes applied by past owners?
Here are 2 examples of HO stripes on an A-Body.
(Both OHC cars with the WRONG (HO) stripes)

Old 08-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Arrow DEALER STRIPE KIT FOR '67

Or possibly this kit just applied to the side of the car Vs the top??

Last edited by Jeff Hamlin; 06-15-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I may have done those aqua ones a few years ago
Vaguely remember someone wanting a non OEM color to get close to the interior color.
yes the rally stripe was an option
but to be honest Ive never seen one that was legit

Old 09-04-2013, 08:51 PM

The stripe went from bumper to bumper full length of car - the stripe was just above the chrome - not as high as the pics posted - and while it was similar 3 srtipes - the top and bottom stripes were narrower than those posted.