Old 12-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Senior Chief

And to think that you, Thomas J Hartman lambasted me years ago for wanting $650 for NOS tail light assemblies. Maybe $10k is a little low for the quarters after all.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Uhmmm.....yeh, Okay. That certainly adds more credibility to the seller and his product.

I didn't notice the ad saying the reserve was lowered yet ? Maybe it's in better shape than it looks to be and we all should be in on a bidding frenzy. Think I would just use the front patch panel out of a $319 repop on a clean LeMans fender first.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy 70 gto fenders

Funny, I had a rustfree pair I sold to a guy in Atlanta. One had alot of small dents. Charged $1100 for both 2 yrs ago. He cried, wonder if he'd still complain?

Old 12-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundportponchos
Funny, I had a rustfree pair I sold to a guy in Atlanta. One had alot of small dents. Charged $1100 for both 2 yrs ago. He cried, wonder if he'd still complain?
PM his email address or phone number and I'll see if he needs a 2nd party cash refund.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dave- Sorry- I don't quite understand your point (if there even was one that you were trying to make).
I don't ever recall talking to you about anything, yet alone "lambasting" you, but if I had, and didn't end up doing any business with you, it's simply because I must have thought that you were a total a$$hole after speaking with you.
The passage of time changes the prices of everything. If they were for a 1970 GTO, those NOS taillight assemblies would now be worth, I don't know, $1500 apiece?
Still, those NOS taillights DO still show up occasionally. When, exactly, was the last time you saw an NOS convcertible quarter panel?
How do you put an accurate price on something that, literally, no one has for sale? Those front fenders show up all the time, so for something like that, used, I think the price already bid is much more than any seller should have dreamed for.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Senior Chief

Sorry, I thought a Ford engineer would have a good memory. Point being is worth is determined by desire.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh, I have an excellent memory- for things and people that are IMPORTANT.
You, however, do not fall anywhere close to that.
Sorry, but you just weren't THAT memorable, or, more accuately, WORTH remembering...

Old 12-23-2005, 01:49 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Maybe the two of you should square off at the next Pontiac meet. I've noticed people talk a lot tougher in here than real life.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

its the time of year, its very stressful, relax everyone, ignore ebay and go for a walk

Old 12-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have some REALLY KIND relaxation stash for the holidays. Let me pass the peace pipe around the thread and you warriors settle down for a while. This ain't that Ol' Okie ragweed neither (lol). Merry Christmas - the old fashion way.

Old 12-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!!

Whats the deal on these parts guys, its a FRICKEN fender for F*&%$ SAKE!

WE ARE RUINING this so called hobby into now OVERPRICED BUSINESS.
those fenders are the same on a lemans, Tempest no big deal, no rarity.
It will need to stripped painted & primed like all parts for a restoration.
SO WHY THE HIGH PRICE??? Is there that much money out there that we can blow it on stupid parts???? I DONT THINK SO!
GOD FORBID THIS GUY HAD SOMETHING RARE FOR SALE, NO ONE COULD AFFORD IT!
I guess theres nothing wrong with fishing, but i want the guys name & address who buys that fender. I got a ton of parts he can buy.

IVE HAD IT! NUFF SAID
THE HOBBY IS GONE, NEVER TO RETURN

notsooSWEETJUDGE

Old 12-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Pulled this off of Cassical Pontiac. Am I missing something here or is he actually saying something?

See Ebay. Keep in mind that I am crazy as I just lowered my reserve from $2,500.00 to a lower figure. I think it's worth much more! I guess I am drunk with power concerning this highly overpriced fender but it's the only game I got for now.You'll have to forgive me because I am actually that stupid that I believe someone else even dumber than myself would overpay for this fender if they need or want it bad enough. I mean the reproduction fenders are only $300.00 or so and you could fill a truck with them given $2,500.00 worth. But again I can't help it...I'm a big dummy!Most folks would only spend $2,500.00 on a fender if it had $2,000.00 taped to the inside of it. There's an idea.....I raise my reserve on the fender to $20,000.00 but then I tape $19,500.00 in cash to the inside on the back of the fender. This way I get my asking price, and you get a fair deal. OK, that's IT! NOW WE'RE COOKIN. HEY! How come the bids stopped coming in at ONLY $1,025.00? I lowered my reserve even though last week I swore I wouldn't do it and still no sale .......yet that is.

Name: Ryan Benz
State: PA
Email: ryanbenz<weirdo18365@yahoo.com>
Posted: 12/22/05
Number: 111235
Auction: Item Number: 8023319412

By the way (hope your sitting down), I just bought a set of '70 NOS GTO fenders for $3,600. I think that's a new record but they were on escrow so it was a little less painful.

'70 Atoll blue RA III Vert 4-speed

Last edited by 7T-GOAT; 12-23-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:34 PM
formerly Steved400

I don't know why you go on about Okie Ragweed, nobody smokes that stuff around here. We by that new Hybrid stuff. HAHA

Old 12-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's simple- the prices of cars keep going up, so why wouldn't the parts?

Old 12-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved400
I don't know why you go on about Okie Ragweed, nobody smokes that stuff around here. We by that new Hybrid stuff. HAHA
Thank goodness you guys aren't suffering out that way. I was starting to worry about Frankie D. This sh!t here is so good - makes my screen look like it's snowing all over PY.

P.S. the Fender stayed at $1025.00 to the end.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:06 AM
formerly Steved400

Is that snow? I thought the shrooms were making me see things.

Watching these prices go up and up is crazy to me. $1,000 for a 70 fender is nuts, I probably sent a dozen to the crusher in the early 80's. As for getting mad at the people selling stuff at high prices or trying too, that's not right. If the seller tries; that's his business, if some one buys that's their business and more power to them.

I suppose the complaint is; that a person of limited or maybe sensible means, becomes concerned when they need something that is affected by the price syndrome. Well hey, we all created the market. I'm dead guilty; if I want something bad enough, I'll go the mile. The high prices stretch the mile, but sometimes I still do it.

Tell you what. Not to take sides on Dave or TJH, but I'm going to make a point.

There is a guy in the parts wanted that needs a 69 dash cluster bezel, I posted a pic and asked him to make and offer. Just too totally confound this situation in this thread; I am going to offer it to this guy for free.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:14 AM
formerly Steved400

Here you go everyone:

http://216.178.81.108/forums/showthr...38#post2378338

I know it's not a $1,000 fender, but I'm making a point.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve: I will sell you some dash vents you can donate to the guy also.

(puff.....puff....cough ==== ahem)

Old 12-24-2005, 12:56 AM
formerly Steved400

OH NO, you need to give them to him.

ARE YOU CRAZY.... lmao

I just didn't have any dash vents laying around in my bedroom, see I'm trying to get rid of the parts to make the old lady happy. Don't force me to go get them off one of my parts cars, follow in the example I set.

Old 12-24-2005, 02:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK then, I made him an offer on some vents.
Told you this was some good stuff (lol), I would have never thought of that deal otherwise. Maybe he can do a donation on your deal too.

Merry Christmas and Joy to the World