Old 07-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFromVentura View Post
I sent my amp meter to our local speedo/instrument repair place and had it converted to a volt meter and put it back in the amp meter location.
John,

I'm curious... when you went from ammeter to voltmeter, are you using the same connection at the back? I'm inclined to keep my wiring original if possible. Would be nice of the original ammeter gauge can be converted and use original wiring. I'm guessing no since voltmeter would require 12 volts and a ground, but I'm no electrical genius.

Kevin

Old 07-03-2016, 09:11 PM
Senior Chief

John, who is your local instrument repair guy? Location/phone number?

Old 07-05-2016, 02:54 PM

c5Farmer.... Can you show on a drawn diagram the wiring you did to bypass the ammeter and connect the voltmeter using the existing wires?

Old 07-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Ammeter wiring

First, the red and yellow wires are disconnected from the gauge. I made a connecting wire that was the same gauge as the red and yellow wires that has a pigtail soldered (and insulated) to it. It connects the red and yellow wires together. The pigtail runs to the positive terminal on the voltmeter. By making the connector with male ends, I kept all the oem ends on the red and yellow ammeter gauge wires. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the homemade connector.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_9011.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	432123