Old 06-20-2014, 12:51 PM
Senior Chief

Default Does anyone recognize these guards?

These came with a box of items taken off my car during the restoration. They look like splash guards. Does anyone know where they were mounted? I'm wondering if they are the original air conditioning shields for the radiator. Do they help with air flow?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	367432  

Old 06-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

looks like splash shields

Old 06-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Twistytee View Post
These came with a box of items taken off my car during the restoration. They look like splash guards. Does anyone know where they were mounted? I'm wondering if they are the original air conditioning shields for the radiator. Do they help with air flow?
They go between the bumper a core support on AC cars. Yes, forces air into radiator all around it. See below.

Charles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM4740a.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	367442  

Old 06-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Those are GOLD... They mount to the radiator support on a/c cars. Supposeldy they help with air flow.

Old 06-20-2014, 02:46 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks. I thought that's what they might be. The car has it's original A/C Harrison radiator that was re-cored but these were never mounted again. I'm in the process of dealing with the water pump and trying to increase cooling flow, so hopefully putting them back on will help. The P. Zazarine book has a blow-up of the 66-67 core support so I think I can see where to mount them. The scan Charles attached is also helpful.

While I'm asking, does any one have a good epoxy recommendation for the fan shroud? Mine is cracked at the center top and the last glue job didn't hold.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've fixed a few with 3m weatherstrip adhesive. Marxjunk on here said you can use a wood burning tool as a plastic welder if you have scraps of plastic that are the same material as what you are welding. I have not tried that as yet however.