Old 06-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedandmachine View Post
I'll keep you posted. Do we do resto threads on this forum? Maybe I'll start one.
Here are a couple pics of it as delivered to us and one where I'm at now. Just getting starter on her.
There are quite a few resto threads in this forum. I have one that is 6 years old and I am still updating it every Sunday. Mine is an amateur restoration but there are more here that were done right!

Old 06-21-2014, 07:20 AM

Before the owner makes a decision whether to change the color scheme, he or she would be well advised to know the effect that will have on value. An appraiser might be able to estimate the pricing implications. I agree with others that the owner has the right to do what makes them enjoy the car more; however, it's always better to make an informed decision.

I really like it when owners maintain the factor color schemes, particularly the usual ones.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedandmachine View Post
I'll keep you posted. Do we do resto threads on this forum? Maybe I'll start one.
Here are a couple pics of it as delivered to us and one where I'm at now. Just getting starter on her.
I love restoration threads. You should start one.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My Martinique Bronze 66 with gold guts and top is somewhat unusual. People keep telling me they haven't seen one like it before. Its the way it came from the factory too. I have the PHS.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:09 PM

I'll start a thread. Your bronze 66 is beautiful. As for the value, it only matters if you want to sell it and I don't believe he ever will. When we finish this one he's got a 66 that'll be up next.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I hate to even think about him changing a striking color scheme like that into an almost run-of-the-mill black top/black interior car. Maybe he wants the car to draw fewer admiring looks at shows and stop lights...tone it down..
I shouldn't care because it's his car but I sure hope you can convince him...and yeah, do the thread.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think Martinique Bronze for 66 is one of the rarest colors out there today. None seen around this neck of the woods. Someday.....

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
I think Martinique Bronze for 66 is one of the rarest colors out there today. None seen around this neck of the woods. Someday.....
My last cAr was blue charcoal. I saw very few of them too.