Old 06-28-2014, 10:22 AM

Default 67 Le Mans steering column lower cover plate

Hi members
I was wondering if anyone could take a picture of their underside of the steering column, where it meets the dashboard. I think I am missing a piece of trim, or a cover, or plate that would go over the underside of the column lower side of the dash and cover the bunch of flat wires that come out of the steering wheel, and run down the column. When I bought this car, the interior was pretty much stripped out of it, and now I am putting it back together, and I am just now finding things that are missing, this appears to be something that is missing as it just does not look right and I cannot find a picture with the right camera angle online. My next question is would anyone have one for sale? if I need one which I do believe I do, as I just could not imagine Pontiac would leave the dash unfinished like this.
Thanks guys
Rusty in NC

Old 06-28-2014, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Is this what you are talking about?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	368429   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	368430  

Old 06-28-2014, 11:32 AM

It must be, as I don't seem to have that piece. Now it looks like I will have to go on the hunt to find one. This is getting so very old, and frustrating. Not having a complete car to start with, makes it very hard to put it back together again, you just don't know whats missing until you get ready to put that piece on, or it just doesn't look right, and then you have to start hunting around looking for parts made of unobtainium....Thank you for your reply!

Last edited by tiger13; 06-28-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was in the same boat when I started my car 6 years ago. The many fine folks here were a great help in getting my car to the 99% done stage today.
While I wasn't missing this piece it was not installed when I got the car so I am not 100% sure it is attached correctly. It may be upside down for all I know!