Old 06-29-2014, 09:02 AM

Default Car Cover Question

What do you members consider to be the best car cover for the following conditions. I keep my 1966 GTO in my garage at work, the garage is similar to a mall type garage the walls are open to the elements. I am looking for a cover that will basically give me maximum moisture protection, dust protection, ding protection and cover the entire car. I used to park it in a brick structure but had to move it to my job ( NYC ). The dust and moisture just seam to permeate my current cover. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a California Car Cover for my last car. It was made to repel all of what you described. Washeable too. I think it was about $250. I was happy with it.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:06 PM

You cant go wrong with a Cal Cover. I have them for all my cars.

Here is a link of the different types. http://www.calcarcover.com/n_carcovermaterials/All

Old 06-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyman View Post
You cant go wrong with a Cal Cover. I have them for all my cars.

Here is a link of the different types. http://www.calcarcover.com/n_carcovermaterials/All
I had either the Superweave or the Ultraweave as an outdoor cover. Cant remember.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Senior Chief

Before you spend the big money on CA Carcover, I highly recommend Coverking.

I have purchased 5 of their covers to date and they all fit wonderfully (custom for to your car) and there are like 5 or 6 versions available for what you want. Everything from a basic custom fit garage kept car cover, to a Typhoon style outdoors cover. Check em out, they are cheaper than CA Car Cover and quality is superb as well.

The last two times I ordered multiple covers, I got an additional percentage off as well! They are super cool to deal with and ship fast.

Just to give you a range of what they sent me (and they all fit perfectly):
1972 Mini Cooper
1957 Porsche Speedster
1964 Lincoln Continental
1959 Cadillac Coupe Deville
1967 GTO

Last edited by indetrucks; 07-01-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:04 PM

I can't tell you where to get it, but I can recommend one made of the Noah fabric. I had to store my Corvette outside in Michigan Winters and it performed great. I use it now when I come to work and the bees are out for pollinating the Blueberries where I work just to keep the orange stringy bee excrement off it. It is lightweight too.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Duraweave cover by California Car cover. Kept my '64 covered in Florida weather from March 2006 to January 2012. Car look like it was kept in a garage. Full warranty for 4 years. I had a cover disintegrate in month 47, and got a brand new one for nothing.
Price is not cheap at $385.
The usage of this cover is in South Florida where temps are in the 90's, rain is an almost daily occurrence, and humidity is always near 100. In addition, I am close to the salty ocean. Even though my '64 is now under a nice canopy, I still use the cover. As a matter of fact, I just bought one last week to replace the one that was on my '64 driver that was over 8 years old. I think that since 2000, I have owned about 6-8. I made the mistake of selling a slightly use one cheaply, and sure enough, I needed it a year later.