THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:01 AM

Default Westworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
Here's a run down of other auctions that week in case you're interested.
Jan 17 WorldWide Auction, Old Town
Jan 18 Bonhams, Westin Kierland
Jan 18-21 Silver, Fort McDowell
Jan 17-21 Russo-Steele, Salt River Fields
Jan 17-19 RM, Biltmore Resort
Jan 19-20 Gooding & Co, Fashion Square Mall

In addition to the auctions, weekly car shows at places like the Pavilions are bigger than normal, and there are car-related events all over town.

The only bummer is to us locals who have to deal with the increase in traffic...my daughter's school is on the property right next to Westworld--I literally can touch one of the big tents from the school parking lot--and I'm definitely not looking forward to drop off or pick up that week! Small price to pay I guess (and no worse than the TPC at the end of the month).
You live in that area? My mom lives in the development at the top of East Bell ave. Last time I went I walked to BJ auction.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62cat View Post
You live in that area? My mom lives in the development at the top of East Bell ave. Last time I went I walked to BJ auction.
North a few miles, Pima and Jomax.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been once; the year the tents blew down at Russo & Steele. Weather was terrible for a couple of days. But even with that what a show! IMO every car person should go at least once.
As Gator67 says there is lots more than just the big Barrett Jackson going on and if you make it all you won't be disappointed.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:50 PM

A little late to the dance here, but we visited BJ in Scottsdale a few years back. We went on Thursday, used the senior rate, and we had a blast. As I recall it was not that expensive. I did not register to bid, which was just as well, as there were many great deals to be had. It was so much fun, we were sad to leave at the end of the day.
Dave

Old 01-10-2018, 01:37 PM

Yes go......Several guys and their wives in our little car club go every year or so. It's not just a nice winter break but a $20 ticket to all the car you candy you digest. There are some pretty good deals to be found in the first day or two also, but buyer beware........

Old 01-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The food that is available outside is worth the tickets alone. Bring an empty stomach. If you like BBQ starving yourself a few days prior is recommended.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:54 PM

I would definitely go. I've been to several auction venues, twice to Scottsdale, and Scottsdale is the best one., esp. in January. I'm from The Northeast. I recall all the cars are on display on the premises, even the high quality ones scheduled for auction on Friday and Saturday. Recommend highly, I plan on going back.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Senior Chief

If you are that close and don't go.......just go!
Went 5 years back and had an incredible day. Just go!

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 01-11-2018, 12:36 AM

Earlier in the week there are cars for sale at a more down to earth price range too.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So who's going today ?

Old 01-15-2018, 09:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Pontiac "we build Bonnevilles"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180115_182024.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	472699  

Old 01-16-2018, 02:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I am in LA now but plan on going Wednesday night- Friday night

Old 01-24-2018, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We got back to Ohio yesterday afternoon and wanted to update what happened during the recent AZ trip.

Well as it turned out we arrived on Jan 12th on a Friday night and went out to eat at one of the restaurants at the Scottsdale Pavilions. Friday night I wasn't feeling well and by Sat A.M. I was in the Urgicare with Flu symptoms and my wife spent a good deal Sat looking for the elusive/scarce Tamiflu medication at pharmacies in the area.

Needless to say I was not feeling well for the remainder of the week. I thought maybe towards the middle of the week I would have felt well enough to attend. That however wasn't to be, so we never made the BJ experience. I'm still not 100% with inner ear and sinus and feel like I was run over by a truck.

On Friday we took a little excursion up to Jerome (wife loves to shop at the shops in Jerome every time we get to AZ) and stayed overnight in the Sedona area.

Saturday we did manage to get up to Sedona, and wife had booked a Pink Jeep tour for my B Day on Sat. I was pretty sore after getting tossed around in the Jeep, but had a good time. It rained during the tour, and we got to see the waterfalls coming down over the various rock formations that most don't get to see during the Jeep tours.

I just want to thank anyone that responded to the thread.............

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated