THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Proof pink cars sell cheap. This was at Norwalk a couple of years ago.
Well at least the scoop is attached to the carb. There is a 67 Firebird with one of those scoops bolted to the hood? I will get a picture, the guy is real proud of it?

Old 04-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
I came across this beauty in Pontiac IL two years ago.
If you look close, it has chrome Mary Kay monikers on the front fenders.

This is the color my car is, a real pale pink, under low light it looks to be white. Bright lighting makes it look a very pale pink. the GM name for the color is Mary Kay Pink. There are no emblems on the GP saying Mary Kay.

My mother said people would ask her all the time if it was a Mary Kay car, which she would respond, "Oh no this is Arizona White, special GM color...LOL. Damn car salesmen.................

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 04-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

pink cars in the 60s did not mean they where all Mary Kay cars.....

Pontiac added the pink shade as a special order color..so calling them all Mary Kay cars is not quite correct

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 04-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't think MK even did the pink car thing until 69~70-ish. I know that the special-color chart for Pontiac shows 'Pink Mist' as a special order by 1968 because I've seen it on the chip card. Don't know about before that.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Suspended

Scroll halfway down... https://www.historicvehicle.org/famously-pink/

Old 04-05-2018, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
In 1968, five years after founding her Texas-based cosmetic company, Mary Kay Ash purchased a new Cadillac and had it repainted to match the eye and lip color swatches in her best-selling compact. The car was such a good rolling advertisement that Ash offered similar cars, paid for by the company, to her top five salespeople the following year.

Since then, General Motors estimates that it has built 100,000 pink Cadillacs for Mary Kay Cosmetics through the company’s “Grand Achiever Career Car Program.” But times, and the fine print of the deal, have changed. According to the company’s website, consultants who sell over $4,500 worth of cosmetics per month get the opportunity to “win” an official Mary Kay car through a “co-op lease” arrangement. Fail to meet monthly sales goals and you lose the car.

In 2012, top Mary Kay salespeople got a wider choice in cars. These included the Chevrolet Malibu and Equinox; Toyota Camry; Cadillac CTS, SRX and Escalade Hybrid; and the Ford Mustang, available now in a very un-Mary Kay color: black.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A Google Goat FWIW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	272_Pontiac_1967_GTO_Convertible_42677P254373_900.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	480050  

Old 04-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FYI, the pink color that is on the 99 GP I have is officially called "Mary Kay Pink" on the GM color palate. I suppose if you actually wanted a car that color you could have ordered it and still had no affiliation with the Mary Kay Company. Since the PINK CRAZE hit a few years ago there might be cars ordered with that paint that went/go to private owners.

Since this car was a lease car previously, it stands to reason it was likely a Mary Kay Company awarded car. I have no facts to back up that it was a company car, but from the leased previously status, chances are it was MK affiliated.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 04-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Senior Chief

I worked at a Pontiac dealer and put a v6 short block in a late 80's Gran Prix Mary Kay car. She drove thru some high water and bent a rod. It still ran but had a knock.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In the late 1970's there was a pink 1968 GTO convertible in Berkeley, CA that we all called The Flower Goat. It looked like factory paint, not a re-paint. It was a clean, 10 year old car that the owners had filled with about 2 yards of potting soil and they used it as a flower planter. It was there until at least 1982. I'm sure it was totally destroyed by then. Sure grabbed your attention, though!

Old 04-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A crazy woman with way more money than sense bought a brand new
2017 Corvette and paid to have it repainted pink (it was originally white). To top
it off, on the doors is painted the words "Foxy Lady". I see the car in my neighborhood every so often.......it is absolutely hideous.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:08 PM

I thought that all "Mary Kay" cars were pink but yesterday I saw a late model Cadillac with "Mary Kay" emblems and it was black.

1983 Buick S&S Hearse, cheap transportation and parts hauler
1967 Buick GS 400 4speed
Old 04-06-2018, 02:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtohurstjudge View Post
A crazy woman with way more money than sense bought a brand new
2017 Corvette and paid to have it repainted pink (it was originally white). To top
it off, on the doors is painted the words "Foxy Lady". I see the car in my neighborhood every so often.......it is absolutely hideous.

Hehehe... reminds me of my high school shop teacher. Had an early 70's vette with a heavy metallic red paint job ... think bass boat metallic. In big letters on the doors, gold leaf ... it said " MD 20/20" ... which is a cheap wine. He also had a gold filled peace sign engraved in one of his front teeth. This was in Memphis

Old 04-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
it said " MD 20/20" ... which is a cheap wine.
Better known ad 'Mad Dog 20/20'. We had a very similar wine, sold only in Alabama and probably still is, called 'Red Dagger'...Better known as 'Stab'. It actually displayed a dagger on the label.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I saw a MK pink Caddy today here in Delaware. Not a new one but an older Caddy from about 2012. Hard to tell as I only saw the rear end of it.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.