THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-02-2020, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool PMD Vehicle Driving Impression while Quarrantined

Here's my result: Was resistant to smooth accelerations whne Cold. Smooth running after 15 minutes driving. May be check the Plugs (hmmm), or start using the Choke (naw!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0778.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	536096  

Sold 2003: 12.00/112MPH/1.61 60'/26"x3.31:1/10"/469 #48/245-255-110LSA/Q-Jet-Torker/3650Lbs//18MPG 94oct
Sold 1994: 11.00/123MPH/1.50 60'/29.5"x4.10:1/10"/469 #48/245-255-110LSA/Dual600s-Wenzler/3250Lbs//94oct
Old 04-02-2020, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Get yer butt back in the house! You're not supposed to be outside playing with your car. LOL

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:52 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Get yer butt back in the house! You're not supposed to be outside playing with your car. LOL

Believe it or not that’s a true statement. My friend had his GTO out for a drive and got pulled over and got a written warning to stay home. Another friend with a TA also stopped and got a verbal warning. This I don’t get if you’re confined inside your own car with the windows up, but the reason given is that driving an antique or classic car is not an essential reason to be out, and in most cases these cars are not covered by insurance if left alone in a store parking lot, so it’s obvious you’re not out for an essential reason. But it’s ok to go for a walk or a run not in a vehicle with windows. Something wrong with this picture.

Dang I was gonna take the bird for a spin. Guess I’ll drive it up and down my driveway.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 04-02-2020, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
Believe it or not that’s a true statement. My friend had his GTO out for a drive and got pulled over and got a written warning to stay home. Another friend with a TA also stopped and got a verbal warning. This I don’t get if you’re confined inside your own car with the windows up, but the reason given is that driving an antique or classic car is not an essential reason to be out, and in most cases these cars are not covered by insurance if left alone in a store parking lot, so it’s obvious you’re not out for an essential reason. But it’s ok to go for a walk or a run not in a vehicle with windows. Something wrong with this picture.

Dang I was gonna take the bird for a spin. Guess I’ll drive it up and down my driveway.
It all depends on the state you live in. Just because Pennsylvania is issuing tickets, doesn't mean the rest of the country is.

And as far as no coverage in a store parking lot for most classic cars - we've discussed this before and Hagerty [b[DOES[/b] cover cars for this exposure.

Right from Hagerty's website:

Quote:
Flexible usage

Our policy allows occasional pleasure use with no fixed mileage restrictions.** With Hagerty, your client can go for a weekend drive, take their vehicle up to the local ice cream shop or attend unlimited events and cruises.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
It all depends on the state you live in. Just because Pennsylvania is issuing tickets, doesn't mean the rest of the country is.

And as far as no coverage in a store parking lot for most classic cars - we've discussed this before and Hagerty [b[DOES[/b] cover cars for this exposure.

Right from Hagerty's website:

They didn’t get tickets, one got a written warning and one a verbal warning. And I didn’t say the rest of the country, did you even read my post? As far as Hagerty goes I was told by the Agent you can go to a shopping center, as long as someone stays with the car, it cannot be left alone in a parking spot.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 04-02-2020, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
They didn’t get tickets, one got a written warning and one a verbal warning. And I didn’t say the rest of the country, did you even read my post? As far as Hagerty goes I was told by the Agent you can go to a shopping center, as long as someone stays with the car, it cannot be left alone in a parking spot.
They got stopped, which means they could have been issued a ticket.

And Half inch Stud, to whom you made the post to, lives in AL not in PA, so you're assuming facts for the whole country. The world doesn't revolve around you and PA.

Your "Agent" (and I use that term very loosely), doesn't know what he's talking about. You need to look for one that understands how to READ your policy if you don't understand it.

Hagerty wants you to use and enjoy your car. That's why I insure with them. I know how to read a policy, having spent 10+ years in the business. I deal directly with Hagerty, not some local yokel who hung his shingle out in PA.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Reading is one thing, comprehension is a whole other ball game for some people.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
Here's my result: Was resistant to smooth accelerations whne Cold. Smooth running after 15 minutes driving. May be check the Plugs (hmmm), or start using the Choke (naw!)
How does it feel to be a troublemaker, when trying to spread good cheer? Well, I found your post uplifting, made me want to sneak out in the bird.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
They got stopped, which means they could have been issued a ticket.

And Half inch Stud, to whom you made the post to, lives in AL not in PA, so you're assuming facts for the whole country. The world doesn't revolve around you and PA.

......some local yokel who hung his shingle out in PA.

Uhm Recent news; I live in PA again. Plenty of cars driving around my town too. Take-Out is the big thing, next to food shopping, Fill-er-ups, and Landscaping.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
How does it feel to be a troublemaker, when trying to spread good cheer? Well, I found your post uplifting, made me want to sneak out in the bird.
This is being a troublemaker; Awaiting good news on Good Friday; 4-10-2020

Old 04-02-2020, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

About 65.00/mo and I can do whatever I want with my classic. But right now, under current emergency measures in Toronto, you are technically not allowed to be driving nowhere. It has not been enforced and they're quick to point out that they'd rather not. That could change of course.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Usually take the truck but today drove the TA to work and back - traffic somewhat nonexistent.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I could have driven my GTO today.I am glad I did not. There were TRUCKS everywhere.

Lotsa gravel and lanfill hauling going on.

I really need some Bull ***** falling of a truck on to my ride.

Cops? I havent seen one in days.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
I could have driven my GTO today.I am glad I did not. There were TRUCKS everywhere.

Lotsa gravel and lanfill hauling going on.

I really need some Bull ***** falling of a truck on to my ride.

Cops? I havent seen one in days.

I typically see 5-10 revenue generators on my 25 minute morning drive. Not anymore, maybe 3. I'll bet it's been 3 weeks since I've seen anyone pulled over with blue lights behind them.

The Following User Says Thank You to 400 4spd. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just drive your Pontiac on errands. If I explained I was out looking for paper towels, that excuse could probably work all the way down in San Diego.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought about taking the Can Am to the grocery store earlier this week. I have a handicapped placard so usually no worries on leaving it in such a large space, but with people losing their sh*t and going crazy at the market lately, I didn't want to risk it, so I took my truck.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default classic car

Been taking Firebird out with family for a joy ride to get out of the house every few days. Not stopping anywhere and everyone is happy just to see different scenery. I have been staying on back roads and see a lot of other classics while we are out. Like minded folks. Gerry

1968 Firebird 400, 068 cam, TH400 & 13" Continental Converter, Auburn posi with 3:08 factory gears, Cliff's Q-jet resting on a 68 factory iron intake, DUI HEI and Ram Air pans and RARE Long Branch Manifolds
The Following User Says Thank You to 68 Firebird For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 07:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

1/2", beautiful 68! I'm still driving mine to the beer store and to get carry outs.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
I thought about taking the Can Am to the grocery store earlier this week. I have a handicapped placard so usually no worries on leaving it in such a large space, but with people losing their sh*t and going crazy at the market lately, I didn't want to risk it, so I took my truck.
Do it. Do it now. It is Sunny out, right the duck now. Nobody gonna wig-out at you, they get squashed just by you setting eyes on them.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
1/2", beautiful 68! I'm still driving mine to the beer store and to get carry outs.
Truely, that is what i'm doing. And taking the dog into the fancy beer store (Straub Returnables), Redbridge sorhgum beer, Chesterfield Ale, and sours. Making 6 gallons of Mead (for Vit-C) and taste!

Sunny morning, so off to Lowe's for essential potting soils. Black friday sale!