Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
While we are talking about chief. I was surprised by a few episodes ago where he was increasing the nitromethane in his car. Are these fast guys running nitro on the streets now?
Being able to throw the word "NITRO" around makes for good TV. The fuel has it's own mystique that most watching the show don't really understand but it sounds cool, dangerous, and fast. Splashing a little NITRO in the mix will make the car faster if they tune carefully for it. It will lengthen the power stroke some so you need to advance the timing some. It is it's own oxidizer so you better add some fuel as well. Things can begin to go sideways fast as the % increases. Our car ran it's very best at 58 degrees advance. That was on 90%.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:21 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
While we are talking about chief. I was surprised by a few episodes ago where he was increasing the nitromethane in his car. Are these fast guys running nitro on the streets now?
He also talked about using a lockup converter on the street...I figure that is being said for the WOW factor...

Watch a few decent horsepowered cars lock the converter up going down the track, and then tell me that he is locking his up...LOL

As for the nitro...LOL...Another "made for tv" comment, if you ask me.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:20 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
He also talked about using a lockup converter on the street...I figure that is being said for the WOW factor...

Watch a few decent horsepowered cars lock the converter up going down the track, and then tell me that he is locking his up...LOL

As for the nitro...LOL...Another "made for tv" comment, if you ask me.
LOL!

GTO George

Old 03-12-2021, 12:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
You continually impress me with your level of Dumbass... you don't know chit about him...
If anyone actually listens and cares what dcar has to say, please post and say so. Anyone?
You're literally a punchline.
Difference with me is, I've been out of the game so long, I don't have a lot to offer...technology has passed me... you on the other hand, youre in it and have nothing to offer!
Actually, I have his number, we have spoken. I know a little about him, where he works, what he does for a living. Builds going on.
He is a nice guy.
We just do this every now and then.
As for you, I am certain you are a miserable person down to your core.

Old 03-12-2021, 01:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys don't know me and I don't care. I'm just a little fish in a big pond. It's hard enough to run a Pontiac with parts and information always in short supply. But to always listen to you all belittle first one Pontiac racer then another is sad and demoralizing. It's no wonder there are so many Ford and Chevy guys.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goatracer1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2021, 08:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well said Goatracer1, however, virtually EVERY forum is the same, bickering, ego's and even bigger ego's, like a bunch of 14 year old girls arguing over who's make up is the best.

The Following User Says Thank You to taff2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2021, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Arguing about someone else's car is just silly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread