67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 68 deluxe door panels

Searched around and saw good and bad about the Al Knoch.
What have you guys had good success with. Looking for an assembled
Panel.

Thanks

Gerry

1968 Firebird 400, 068 cam, TH400 & 13" Continental Converter, Auburn posi with 3:08 factory gears, Cliff's Q-jet resting on a 68 factory iron intake, DUI HEI and Ram Air pans and RARE Long Branch Manifolds
Old 04-17-2018, 11:43 AM

Gerry,
Here is my thread on PUI panels. I did get them to fit eventually and they look good. 68 deluxe.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=794734

I use Al Knoch on my C2 Corvette for all interior products. I like their stuff very much. I would either use them or Legendary. I used PUI on all the new interior so color match meant using their panels.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:59 PM
Senior Chief

I used Al Knoch repop door panels on three of my '68 'birds. Fit pretty well. They are a little thicker than the original ones, so the only issue I had was getting the interior bird emblem studs to catch. I ended up gluing them on rather than using the speed nuts. Color match was really good for black, reasonably close for teal.