THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

MA at least they can work on it now! If you watch the guy with the floor Jack I think he got a bruise !!!!! There are some unique po people out there.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a four post lift in my garage that isn't bolted down. It hasn't moved a bit in 20 years, but then again I'm not in an earthquake zone.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Suspended

Doesn't look like these are bolted down either...

Old 05-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad I sold my 69 T/A and built a clone!Tom

Old 05-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have an Atlas 4 post lift. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. I will be buying 2 additional lifts this summer and will probably get another 4 post and a 2 post.

Check with gregsmithequipment.com They have been great.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:49 PM

I have two Ranger 4 post and a Challenger two post. The Challenger is real heavy duty and the Rangers are good. Both rangers are not bolted down as I move one of them from time to time. I never had a problem with the four post lifts, but as someone had said if one of the locks don't release you are headed for trouble. You must make sure it is adjusted right, is level and no slack in your cables or the release linkage.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:49 PM

If this is your first lift purchase......my advise is find a local Automotive Equipment dealer with a good reputation and talk to them about your needs and they will recommend what others in your local area are buying based on that need.

Local will get you better Sales and Service that buying on the net. They know you will spread the word (good or bad) about your experience to your community. They live or die from referrals.

I did this last year on a 2 post lift (Revolution-Rotary 2 post) and was very happy with the local company.

And ONLY buy a CERTIFIED lift. Otherwise the weight rating is just a number.

Dave

Old 05-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Smart move ^^^

Old 05-09-2019, 09:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought mine fromBackyard buddies and they had a local installer put them in.I would not do it any otherway.Tom

Old 05-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
You’ve Googled for reviews from people that have actually used them I suspect.
Yeah, didn't learn much. However, since my last post, I have learned that Olympic Lifts are not ANSI/ALI certified, but have been tested and certified CE and AU safe. So in other words, not tested to meet US highest standards. I'm thinking I'd better keep shopping around. Tempting though because they are fairly close to me and offer setup for a reasonable fee.