THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default All Star Sprints Ohio Sprint Car Speedweek starts tomorrow night !

This year 9 races, in 9 nights, 8 tracks. My wife and I are planning to hit at least 5 nights this year. I wish we were following the whole week, but finances and a truck that needs 2 front tires and an alignment will not allow us to follow the whole program, and camp every night at the tracks as we did in 2017.

http://www.allstarsprint.com/news/?i...lk=featureNews

410 winged sprint cars have 950-1000HP and weigh 1375 lbs. with driver, one of the best power to weight ratios in anything that turns corners during a race that is naturally aspirated and runs on straight methanol.

I was monitoring the weather over the next 10 days and it looks as though there are definitely going to be some rainouts during the duration.....

For me this is as big as Norwalk is, and I look forward to it just as much.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 06-16-2019, 10:52 PM

Have a great time hope the weather holds out. I spent a couple years in Ohio and remember the all star sprint week for sure! That and Indiana sprint week are awesome events. We got nothing like it here in Minnesota.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70gtojosh View Post
Have a great time hope the weather holds out. I spent a couple years in Ohio and remember the all star sprint week for sure! That and Indiana sprint week are awesome events. We got nothing like it here in Minnesota.
We made Attica on Friday night, Kyle Larson won the 40 lap A main. Saturday night the Eldora race was rained out. Tonight they were predicting rain so we stayed home and we got fooled. Muskingham County Speedway (Zanesville OH) got lucky and got their race in and was won by Dale Blaney. We don't intend to go to Wayne County on Monday, or Sharon Speedway on Tuesday. We will be attending Atomic Speedway on Wednesday, Mansfield on Thursday (they took up the asphalt, and converted to dirt 2 years ago). We will also be attending Limaland Speedway on Friday night. I'm not going to drive to Wayne County for the final race on Saturday either.

We planned to hit 5 of the 9 races this year but if the weather holds we will see 4 out of 8 nights, that's if the weather holds, forecast isn't all that promising though. In 2017 we followed the whole tour and camped each night at the tracks. We had a good time but we were pretty tired out by the end of it...……….

1984 Grand Prix

Old 06-20-2019, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Update of Ohio Sprint Speedweek:

Monday at Wayne County speedway was rained out.

Tuesday at Sharon Speedway was rained out, the All Stars management had a contingency plan to try to run at Wayne county, but it also was too wet to race at.

Wednesday at Atomic Speedway was rained out, but the contingency was again at Wayne County worked out for Wednesday, they were able to get a window and ran the full program. Aaron Reutzel won the feature. With less than 12 hours the All Star management changed the venue and got a good field of cars and the fans turned out to support the effort. Ohio does have some diehard sprint car fans for sure.

Thursday was scheduled to run at Mansfield Speedway (former NASCAR sanctioned 4/10 mile asphalt track that was torn up and returned to dirt in 2016).

Friday was scheduled to race at Limaland Motorsports Park (UNOH, University of Northwestern Ohio Campus) , they cancelled this afternoon (Thursday) because they feel even though Friday is predicting no rain with intermittent sunshine, they feel the track won't dry enough. So the management of the All Stars asked Atomic Speedway if they would like to take the date, the Atomic Speedway management jumped at the chance to pickup the race.

We're going on Friday, and will only see 2 races this year out of the 4 or 5 if they run Saturday, which is doubtful after checking the weather forecast I doubt they're going to get a Saturday race in.

All the tracks management, and the All Star management, has made a herculean effort to get as many races in this year as possible......

Probably one of the worst Ohio Sprint Speedweeks in the last 37 years...…...

1984 Grand Prix

Old 06-20-2019, 08:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Update of Ohio Sprint Speedweek:
All the tracks management, and the All Star management, has made a herculean effort to get as many races in this year as possible......
Probably one of the worst Ohio Sprint Speedweeks in the last 37 years...…...
At least it's nobodys Dumb Asphalt...

Sorry to hear, but it ain't over yet...

Frank