THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Updating again. from the Friday meeting with the docs.
The chemo that could stimulate the bone marrow is too harsh for someone of her age and condition. The concentious is placing her in hospice and keeping her comfortable as needed.

In hospice she will be made comfortable for as long as the process takes, she will be able to see her surviving family members and say her goodbyes.

She has myledisplastic syndrome which is low blood cell production as well as low platlet production. Had it been identified earlier there were treatments to slow the advance of the disease, but it's water under the bridge at this point.

I'd still appreciate prayers for low pain through her final days if you could.

THANKS TO ALL AGAIN
My family, and I appreciate all the efforts, it's just her time, and God decides, not us.

I'll update again when it's over.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 11-09-2020, 04:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Continued prayers sent for your mother and everyone else affected by this.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:35 PM

Sirrotica, my dad passed away from that in ‘08. The disease transitioned into leukemia and he passed after a few days. He was not in pain and pretty much slept his last days away. Prayers for your mother, hospice will be a big help.

Old 11-09-2020, 10:12 PM

Prays go out to your mother that she lives out the rest of her life comfortably.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:30 PM

Prayers sent for your Mom and family.

68 Mustang FB-Green/Black (Bullitt)
Old 11-10-2020, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You ,your mother and family will be in our prayers. Not to take away ,my motherin law passed 3 weeks ago in assisted living.Sitting in her favorite chair doing what she liked,saying the Rosary.She was good to me.Wife had hip replacement 4 weeks ago,she couldnt go.They were close

Old 11-14-2020, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Mom's time has ended....

As I had posted earlier I would update this thread when my mother had passed.

She decided to go into hospice of her own decision on Friday of last week, she was transported to the hospice facility last Sunday night. Today Sat. 11/14, at 11:40 she has passed from this world to be with Jesus and my father. I was in the room as she took her last breath.

I will be tying up all the loose ends as being an only child, I am executor of the estate, then driving back home to Ohio.

The prayers helped and she did regain her kidney function as well as kicking the C diff infection, the bone marrow issue would have to have been an act from God to overcome. In the end her inability to replenish the blood supply was the deciding factor.

The staff of the hospital, and the hospice staff, all did an excellent job. I can find no fault with any of the people that helped along the journey.

I want to again thank all that have offered their prayers, and thoughts during this trying time, it is appreciated by my family, and myself.

I'm just going to relax Saturday and Sunday, and try to form a plan for the mission at hand beginning on Monday of dispersing the possessions at her apartment, and doing all the legal matters that need attending to.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 11-14-2020, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very sorry for your loss. Living so far away is was great that you were able to be with her to the very end. 99 years old is a full life and you said she was active to near the end. There will be some tough days and weeks ahead. My mother has been gone several years now and I think of her often and my family have some good and funny memories. Take your time, take care of business and have a safe trip home.

Old 11-14-2020, 04:40 PM

My sincere condolences Brad.

She’s in a better place now. She lived a good life.

God bless.

Bart.

Old 11-14-2020, 04:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Peace to you, brother.

Old 11-14-2020, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sad to hear of your loss. Your presence was a huge comfort for your mom as you both worked to accept the terms of her illness. Take care of yourself and God bless you.

Old 11-14-2020, 05:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So sorry for your loss and praying for peace.

My mom is fading fast in the nursing home, exacerbated by this COVID crap and I fear her time in the world will soon be over too.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 11-14-2020, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry for your loss Brad, sincere condolences. It doesn't matter how expected or anticipated it is, it's never easy.

Old 11-14-2020, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My sincere condolences also. God bless you and of course your mom.

Old 11-14-2020, 07:53 PM
Senior Chief

My sincere condolences

Old 11-14-2020, 08:08 PM
Senior Chief

Default All the best.🙏🙏🙏

All the best. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Old 11-14-2020, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am sorry for your loss. After reading your posts I am sure she is in Heaven now. She is at peace now. God bless.

Old 11-14-2020, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Very sorry for your loss. Living so far away is was great that you were able to be with her to the very end. 99 years old is a full life and you said she was active to near the end. There will be some tough days and weeks ahead. My mother has been gone several years now and I think of her often and my family have some good and funny memories. Take your time, take care of business and have a safe trip home.
Mike thanks.

Funny thing is that my cousins live here in Scottsdale and treated my mother, just like it was their own mother. I asked my cousin at the end of Oct. if I needed to make the trip, and she said probably not at that time. Something told me to just get out here. As it turned out I arrived at the optimum time concerning the events.

The events, my cousins husband was admitted to the hospital with a reoccuring back ailment the same day my mother was originally admitted, Oct 12th. He has since been sent to rehab, and is now at home recovering.

My mothers sister has also been sent to the hospital twice since I arrived here on Nov. 2nd. She is supposed to be released today. My cousin, which has sat with me at the hospice, is very concerned her mom could be next.

I also talked to my daughter this AM to tell her of my mothers passing, and her mothers, mother (my daughters grandmother, by the X wife) is gravely ill (history of heart problems over the last 45 years), and has been in and out of the hospital since I left Ohio. My daughter says she doubts she'll make Thanksgiving. She has gotten much worse just since last night, from what my daughter has told me today. She is at home, I urged my daughter to get her into hospice if she is in as much pain as she has told me today, daughter also says she's basically given up, and wants to die.

Tough set of events to befall one small group of people is such a short time, almost hard to believe.............

1984 Grand Prix

Old 11-14-2020, 09:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Condolences to all.

God bless Jeanne, may she rest in peace.

Bless you Brad, travel safely.

Frank

Old 11-14-2020, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry for loss Brad, God bless!

TOM