THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-13-2021, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default I didn't get the log cabin I wanted, but I did get another home

Some of you may remember I asked about log homes back a few months ago. Because of covid, and lumber prices, and supply, we decided that the log home just wasn't in the cards. So we started looking for a quiet home with acreage, and trees, away from neighbors. That is a pretty tall order in the real estate market right now. I guess God smiled down on us, and a property became available after months of hunting and 3 dead ends on other homes, I think we found the home for us.

When my wife saw the listing she said to me "I think I just found our next home". It's an old farm house as you can see from the pictures, it checks all the boxes we had as far as requirements, and it has red metal roofs. One of my pet peeves is green metal roofs, I hate green roofs, actually I hate green anything, except money, and vegetation.

Maybe you can see it has an oversize 3 car garage, and a huge pole building, plus at least 10 out buildings. Four acres, next to a creek, and a bunch of mature trees. I think we'll be very happy in the new location already dubbed, "Indianhead Acres", after my successful T shirt venture that we pursued from 2005 to 2012.....

The road we're located on comes off the main route at the corner of my property and goes about 1/4 mile past the only other house on the road, it then changes to dirt road so no traffic to speak of, and only one neighboring farm house. We're surrounded by farmlands on all sides. No neighbors at all, no one looking at every thing I do, no village watching me, and peace and quiet.

I'll have more garage space than I know what to do with, and scads of storage space, no more renting a storage unit to put our extras in. I'm pretty happy with our new (to us) house. Far from new, it was built in 1900 according to records, and it's of course not perfect, but that's to be expected in a 120 year old home. We just had a property inspection done yesterday and no major problems in the inspection report.

Picture of the house, notice off to the right the garage and pole building.

Here is a picture of the 6YO pole building with front porch and swing.

Picture of garage and pole building side by side.

Picture from the entrance of the horseshoe driveway from the road.

This picture is taken from the corner of my property, where our road intersects the main highway.

I know that no one usually lives in their garage, but you could if you wanted to......The 3 car actually has a living space attached to the rear of the building on the left. Unbelievable how much space is under roof on this property. The guy was somewhat of a hoarder, they're having a auction to sell off all the accumulated possessions of the former owner, which passed in December of 2020, his widow survives him.

Pictures of some of the out buildings. in the last picture you can see the living space added on to the back of the 3 car garage and the garage door. I'll probably just use that addition for storage space, eliminating any need for off site storage at all. I still have a 20 foot enclosed truck body at my current house to move there, and a 6X10 enclosed trailer, from the T shirt business, and an 14 foot enclosed van body with power tailgate on a C3500HD chassis. That truck is going to come in really handy for moving all our stuff to the new house.

There's also the original barn that isn't visible in any of the pictures that is supposed to be as old as the house is, if it's not as old as the house, it's fairly close. It's in pretty rough shape though, not sure what I should do with it, tear it down, or fix it?

Now all I have to do is move in......that's going to be an entirely new adventure......

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2021, 05:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Congrats! Looks like a great "car guy" property!!

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 05-13-2021, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Love it!

Old 05-13-2021, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice spread - congrats!

Old 05-13-2021, 07:53 PM

Looks like you will have a great time living there.
Bob C.

Old 05-13-2021, 07:59 PM
Senior Chief

Awesome place! Congratulations!

97 F250 7.3 turbo diesel
85 CJ7 Laredo
65 Impala SS 396, 4 spd, A/C.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You done good! My wife and I are on a similar search for a little acreage off the beaten path that we can build on and maybe turn into a mini farm. Hope your new home turns out to be a real blessing.

69 Bird w/1970 400 block(409 cubes), #64 heads, hyd. roller, Q-jet by Jeff E., original interior, ps, pdb, th350, and 3.73 gears. Pump gas, street driven muscle. 3800 lbs. race weight. Best, 11.39 @118, my son's car.

79 T/A w/463, Scat crank, Eagle rods, Icon pistons, Lunati solid roller, 262/270, KRE 325 heads,Northwind intake, QF950 carb, full interior, ps, pdb, th350, and 3.73 gears. Pump gas, 3650 lbs. race weight. 10.72 @ 126 so far... no tuning yet.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Very nice. Would love to get out of the neighborhood, but the wife needs peeps to talk to.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 05-13-2021, 09:38 PM
Senior Chief

Outstanding purchase. I hope that you and the missus will enjoy many happy years there.

Old 05-13-2021, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like it too! Ohio I assume? Get some central air up in there! Probably got a big ole honkin oil boiler in the basement.

Old 05-13-2021, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congratulations, looks nice.

Old 05-13-2021, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am happy for you. My next residence will either be the nursing home or an urn! I have all I want where I am. A nice home and a shop on 1.5 acres.

Old 05-13-2021, 10:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What a fantastic find! Congratulations!

Old 05-13-2021, 10:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looks great. Lots of space for cars.

Old 05-13-2021, 10:53 PM

Nice Find for sure!!!!!

Old 05-13-2021, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
I like it too! Ohio I assume? Get some central air up in there! Probably got a big ole honkin oil boiler in the basement.
South Vienna/Catawba Ohio, about 5 minutes north of I 70. It has a heat pump, and A/C, backed up with propane for really cold weather. It's about 15 miles NE from our present home.

All the wiring has been replaced with a recent 200 amp service box. The former owner has spent a lot of money, and time to update the house and make it comfortable.

The former deceased owner had put an oil fired furnace in the pole building, it may have come from the house originally.

I'm pretty excited to get everything moved into the new place, get the shop set up. I had a new 30 X 40 pole building when I lived in PA, that got sold when I got divorced in 2001. I've wanted to get another place ever since I had to sell that one. God finally decided it was in his time, so I have a great wife, and partner that is along for our life journey, and supports me fully in anything I set out to do.

I'm currently going to look for a used skid steer, because I have some other things I want to do to the property. Some of the out buildings have seen better days, and will be taken down if they're too bad to repair.

If you look in the one picture of the back yard, they even saved the old outhouse, but it's really in rough shape.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 05-14-2021, 01:53 AM
Senior Chief

Awesome!! Congratulations! I always enjoy looking at the space you guys in the US have, soo much free space. Makes for excellent living!

Old 05-14-2021, 03:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
South Vienna/Catawba Ohio, about 5 minutes north of I 70. It has a heat pump, and A/C, backed up with propane for really cold weather. It's about 15 miles NE from our present home.

All the wiring has been replaced with a recent 200 amp service box. The former owner has spent a lot of money, and time to update the house and make it comfortable.

The former deceased owner had put an oil fired furnace in the pole building, it may have come from the house originally.

I'm pretty excited to get everything moved into the new place, get the shop set up. I had a new 30 X 40 pole building when I lived in PA, that got sold when I got divorced in 2001. I've wanted to get another place ever since I had to sell that one. God finally decided it was in his time, so I have a great wife, and partner that is along for our life journey, and supports me fully in anything I set out to do.

I'm currently going to look for a used skid steer, because I have some other things I want to do to the property. Some of the out buildings have seen better days, and will be taken down if they're too bad to repair.

If you look in the one picture of the back yard, they even saved the old outhouse, but it's really in rough shape.
That is the best part to me. My house was built in '42 and after being here for 20 years I'm still doing upgrades.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 05-14-2021, 08:02 AM
Senior Chief

The new joint looks awesome, congratulations!!!

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
Old 05-14-2021, 08:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sweet!
Gotta suitable mower?

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.