Old 09-04-2021, 04:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Revisiting this topic because I just wanted to say ... what an incredible tool. Amazing what these will do when you get the hang of it. I had a couple of fenders I thought were beyond help, dents, waves, lumps, oil canning. One of them had 3/4" of bondo covering probably a square foot and the ENTIRE fender covered in 1/4" thick filler. Between a soft rubber mallet to the back side and the shrinking disc on the front it went through an amazing transformation. Had to go over it probably 20 times, but using a contour gauge and comparing to areas that were good on the other fender I finally got it right.

Once you get a feel for where and how much heat, it will take out most any high, and pull about 50% out of a lows. Easy to get rid of oil canning and soft dings. And it's outstanding for the sweeping highs and lows that you otherwise have to use a ton of filler on. Just have to have patience and let it work it's magic slowly. Probably reduces necessary filler by 90%.

Whoever told me about it THANKS.

The Following User Says Thank You to dataway For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2021, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Watching your progress has been fun and the paint results so far look fantastic. Your ability to learn quickly and solve problems is impressive. Seems you mastered the shrinking disc well! Congrats on the paint milestone. Your body work was worthy!

The Following User Says Thank You to Shiny For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just wait till I start asking instrument panel and interior questions