THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default IN MEMORY OF STEVEN DANIEL HOOG

well this week and last week has really sucked for me. after getting the news of steve being put on hospice I got a call and my uncle lost his battle with cancer and then two days later I got the call about steve passing early sunday morning. so I had to attend two funerals this week.
today we had steves services. it has been raining unbelievably hard all week and today it was absolutely beautifully sunny. the service was nice. steves older son and daughter stood up and gave a testimony and did a great job. felix jones previoulsly of the dallas cowboys dad came and gave a talk about steve. had a video that steve made that was about 10 minutes long talking to friends and family. that made it seem totally unreal that steve was gone even though you could see him laying in the casket. however it was gut wrenching to me watching his wife and younger children sob thru it. it was a pretty long service. counting the service and the burial it was over two hours but I really didn't want to leave. matter of fact it finally came down to his mom, his brother and his family, another good friend of ours and my wife and I before we finally left him. (that's always a really hard thing to do for me at least).
just want to say that I lost one of my long time best friends in the world. there will always be a major void in my life while still here on this earth without him.
I do count myself very fortunate to have had all the many years of his friendship. I don't think my car collecting hobby will ever be the same as steve was always one of my closest buddies to enjoy that with. matter of fact I stopped by one of the locations that I store my cars at yesterday and the last time I was there, steve and I stopped by and hung out just a couple of weeks ago. but I just kind of looked around and left feeling really empty.
this picture is of his memorial and it was taken on top of the mountain bluff out behind his moms house. this was probably his favorite place in the world to go. you can see for as far as your eyes will allow.
so long for now buddy im sure I will see you again one day. but until then I will miss your friendship everyday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steve hoog memorial.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	400886