Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2019, 08:50 PM
Senior Chief

Default Hood Tach and Radio Repair/Restore

I do not know if this is the correct place to start this thread, but I was unable to find another place that actually fit my questions. So, here goes!

Problem Number 1: 1968 GTO Hood Tach not working with a frozen indicator needle. It was an aftermarket bought more than 25 years ago from either AMES or their partner. It is an OE style Tach. Wonder if there is any reputable service that can repair for less than the cost of buying a new one and having it painted to match.

Problem Number 2: Original AM/FM Stereo not working correctly. AM band not working at all, but FM side working okay, but could use improvement. This unit is the AM/FM radio and a separate amplifier unit. Again, any reputable repair/restoration services for this original 1968 GTO factory radio?

Problem Number 3: Original 1968 in Dash clock. Unable to turn time counter clockwise to adjust time. Clock second hand turns, but sometimes the minute hand does not advance. Obviously, Clock not keeping accurate time. Any reputable repair/restoration services for the original 1968 In-Dash Clock?

Thank you for any advice or suggestions.