Old 04-26-2020, 09:04 PM

Default Websites for projects-driver Trans Ams

Been out of the car game for the past few years. Curious, what are the best sites to now search for project-driver quality Trans Am’s?

Some of the websites that used to be so active...now are very low traffic.

Mark

Old 04-27-2020, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am a website guy but I think there is a lot of traffic on FB, personally I dont use that. Hemmings is a go to for buying old cars, you could join POCI and peruse their classifieds but I have found that people on Make specific sites tend to price their cars at a premium. Put a want ad in this forum for what you are looking for and for Trans Ams, Trans Am Country is pretty good, put a want ad there as well. Sometimes people may have something they will get rid of but not necessarily post it for sale.
Good Luck.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Facebook has turned into the most active car related site now. You'll have to join Facebook, if you haven't already. Once you join, you can join numerous group pages to participate. I belong to the Trans Am groups listed below. You can just copy and paste each of those names into the Facebook search box, go to the page, and click the button to "join group". Some people have cars and parts to sell. And like on forums, questions and answers are exchanged.

As for buying a car, I've found a few of my TA projects looking on craigslist.org , where local people list their old cars for sale. I think that's the best place to find less expensive project cars or drivers. From their website, you can find the Craigslist for your city, so you can see if something's available in your area, or surrounding area. That's where I'd look first. There may still be some local "trader" or "advertiser" magazines for sale at convenience stores. I've bought a couple that way long ago. Also, there's still Autotrader.com which has a "classics" section. cars-on-line.com also has a large selection.

Here are the Facebook groups that I recommend:

TRANS AM LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1970-81 Trans Ams and Firebirds - 2nd Generation Car Club

2nd Gen Firebird / Trans Am Parts and Cars for sale

Second Gen Graveyard

Old 04-27-2020, 10:01 PM

Facebook Market Place is the place for any kind of car you want and in any condition. In my area there are a boat load of TA's for sale at very reasonable prices on FBMP. Because of the situation people find themselves in money wise due to the virus the project cars are coming out from under the tarps and up for sale. Good luck

Old 04-28-2020, 09:21 PM

Thank you for the responses as they are much appreciated. Already started checking these out! ��