THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, make all those screwy sideways pictures default to right side up!

Old 06-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Fine with me. I never signed up for Facebook anyway.
Me either. So glad I never jumped on the "Fakebook" Fad

Old 06-28-2018, 09:34 AM

I use the resources I have available to find parts. Facebook marketplace is one, craigslist, vci classifieds, catalogs, websites, you name it.

As far as the social part, I don't care for Facebook. It has reunited me with some old Navy buddies, but there's too much drama.

I enjoy this forum (as well as a certain chevy truck forum) and like the format. The amount of information (CORRECT information) is amazing.

As long as we never go back to the way I used to do it in the 70's I'll be fine! It took me 2 months to get the tilt wheel 2-piece plastic pivot ball for a 73 trans am back then! Now I can find one on the internet and have it in 2 days.

Good luck, Rg

Old 06-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I love this forum. sooo many good people with so much information.

I built my 65 GTO off this forum and now doing a 70 T/A .

My 65 car would not be anywhere as good as it is with out the PY forum.

Buy the way my car is nice . Much credit goes to this group of sharing people

I visit it often

Old 06-30-2018, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

VerticalScope, by chance?

'67 Firebird [sold], ; 11.27 @ 119.61, 7.167 @ 96.07, with UD 280/280 (108LSA/ 109 ICL)solid cam. [1.537, 7.233 @93.61, 11.46 @ 115.4 w/ old UD 288/296 108 hydraulic cam] Feb '05 HPP, home-ported "16" D-ports, dished pistons (pump gas only), 3.42 gears, 275/60 DR's, 750DP, T2, full exhaust

My webpage http://lnlpd.com/home
Old 06-30-2018, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One thing super positive of Facebook is the blocking feature. The ignore feature here is not good enough. There are some personalities here that I'd prefer never see their name, let alone any of their posts.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 06-30-2018, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default CF Addicts & Zombies

Many are TOTALLY addicted to cell phone use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF Addicts .jpg
Views:	51
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	486743   Click image for larger version

Name:	CF Zombies .jpg
Views:	40
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	486744  

Old 06-30-2018, 09:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyakr View Post
Many are TOTALLY addicted to cell phone use.
No Doubt !

I use to have to dodge people walking in Brooklyn, never even look up, just walk and gawk, walk right into ya!

Seen one guy step off the curb an get hit by a car, momentarily looked up and right back to his phone.

Frank

Old 07-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I call facebook "snoopbook". Just nosing into all these people lives. And those dumb a$$es that wan't to post every time they drop a deuce.
Not on it, don't have a smartphone. I am on my laptop too much anyway.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

2 points imo as to why facebook sites are taking away from the 'dot com' sites-

1. users who have been banned here WILL go elsewhere. one of those banned here started a FB site that has become one of, if not the most popular pontiac site on FB. i'm not challenging the need to reprimand users here, but be aware that every banned member could potentially cause another chunk of viewership to go away.

2. most of the pontiac sites on FB have a 'zero tolerance' policy for posts that ridicule other users for whatever reason. typically within 24 hrs that post is removed. that is DEFINITEL:Y not the case here. those targeted have, and imo will continue to move on until this changes.

i have a good friend with an '88 firebird. he replaced the 305 chevy with a 455 pontiac. i told him about this site, the resources, the depth of good info...
to which he said "that place is just a bunch of guys arguing"....he's 22 years old and on 3 FB pontiac sites.
if our sport is carry on, those are the guys we need to listen to.
jmo,
jim

Old 07-04-2018, 06:36 PM

I don't do Facebook. Last thing I want is another place to be reminded of politics and personal drama. Politics is everywhere. You can't even escape it when you watch a football game.

I am loyal to the forum whatever future form it takes. It's helped me so much since I have joined including finding a passenger door when my GTO got hit. I have had very positive experiences and met many great people.

Old 07-06-2018, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2 View Post
2 points imo as to why facebook sites are taking away from the 'dot com' sites-

1. users who have been banned here WILL go elsewhere. one of those banned here started a FB site that has become one of, if not the most popular pontiac site on FB. i'm not challenging the need to reprimand users here, but be aware that every banned member could potentially cause another chunk of viewership to go away.

2. most of the pontiac sites on FB have a 'zero tolerance' policy for posts that ridicule other users for whatever reason. typically within 24 hrs that post is removed. that is DEFINITEL:Y not the case here. those targeted have, and imo will continue to move on until this changes.

i have a good friend with an '88 firebird. he replaced the 305 chevy with a 455 pontiac. i told him about this site, the resources, the depth of good info...
to which he said "that place is just a bunch of guys arguing"....he's 22 years old and on 3 FB pontiac sites.
if our sport is carry on, those are the guys we need to listen to.
jmo,
jim
Both valid points. Especially #2. For some reason generally some of the long time membership of a forum community tend to treat the community like their own fraternity and make newcomers feel unwelcome if they don't bring the appropriate Pontiac resume with them.

As far as banned members doing their own thing, that's been going on for years. Members rarely get banned unless they have demonstrated a consistent inability to assimilate with the rest of the membership. These are people with their own agendas that don't match the rest of the community. . It's a natural progression to develop their own community where they can promote their agenda. Sometimes these people mean well. Unfortunately, every time another community gets started, it dilutes an already shrinking hobby.