Old 04-06-2018, 09:37 PM
Senior Chief

Default parts place ram air exhaust system

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Pontia...xXVjP-&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have any experience with this system? Thoughts?
Looking for a complete factory style system for a 1970 judge I am restoring.
Thanks, Brent

Old 04-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Senior Chief

I purchased a 'correct' system for my 69 very similar to this one from Classic Exhaust in Ohio for around the same price. In fact, I think Classic Exhaust is where The Parts Place gets theirs from since I doubt they make their own. It was supposed to be a direct bolt in with no adjustment required, but I ended up needing to bring it to a muffler shop for a couple of tweaks. All in all, still cheaper than a Gardiner Exhaust system and overall I'm satisfied, it just wasn't as much as a deal as it seemed in the beginning. I have only heard good things (other than price) about the Gardiner Exhaust systems and several members here have reported being able to bolt them in with zero adjustments needed. I've seen photos of the great work you are putting into your Judge and I think if you can afford to pay a extra for a Gardiner system, it will be an attribute to your car. Also, I recommend doing a search on here about The Parts Place before you decide to do business with them.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for the response and all the info... I have never bought anything from the Parts Place before but have heard some guys might have had issues with them.
As far as a Gardner system I have bought and installed 4 Gto systems and 1 for my 69 Z/28. Top quality stuff from them no question about that. Easiest exhaust system you can install. The only negative is the price ? Getting more $$ in this car than I originally planned! Lol ! Thats always the case it seems with these cars.
I will have to give it some more thought.
Brent

Old 04-08-2018, 01:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Inline tube also make stock exhaust systems. I have one installed on my 69 Judge. Seems legit. You can also get it with larger pipes (2 1/2) but stock appearing if you prefer.

https://www.inlinetube.com/_p/prd14/...aust---plx6901

Old 04-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by will slow gto View Post
I purchased a 'correct' system for my 69 very similar to this one from Classic Exhaust in Ohio for around the same price. In fact, I think Classic Exhaust is where The Parts Place gets theirs from since I doubt they make their own. It was supposed to be a direct bolt in with no adjustment required, but I ended up needing to bring it to a muffler shop for a couple of tweaks. All in all, still cheaper than a Gardiner Exhaust system and overall I'm satisfied, it just wasn't as much as a deal as it seemed in the beginning. I have only heard good things (other than price) about the Gardiner Exhaust systems and several members here have reported being able to bolt them in with zero adjustments needed. I've seen photos of the great work you are putting into your Judge and I think if you can afford to pay a extra for a Gardiner system, it will be an attribute to your car. Also, I recommend doing a search on here about The Parts Place before you decide to do business with them.
I have never used parts place stuff but that sound like good advice. I have used Gardner. Absolutely perfect. No problems what so ever. For what it's worth I ordered a complete system for a 70 from inline tube about 5 weeks ago. Still haven't received it yet. I've called several times. They say they are waiting on mufflers. Not much I can do.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gardner is just great to work with, I've done 7 or 8 systems with them and all were perfect. Before I'd deal with parts place, who have an iffy rep to put it kindly, I'd deal with Waldron if I just couldn't or didn't want to pay Gardner prices.

I've never done a GTO system with waldron but I've had quite good sucess with them on cars that Waldron won't do (fullsize, my Sprint Fbird etc). They are not as good as Gardner but very good value for the money.

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)