Old 09-29-2016, 07:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That's a good idea.

I definitely see the attraction to an overhead hoist- I never thought about having stationed in a bay. Would make loading/unloading engines from the truck to a stand or cradle much easier.

My dad has a hydraulic table that raises to the height of his suburban floor- then slides it in to the table and rolls it around.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So I had to do some adding a while back so this was the solution. Had some issues with the town but worked through them, game me 6 more cars worth of space.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	130.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	478611   Click image for larger version

Name:	133.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	478612   Click image for larger version

Name:	155.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	478613  

71 GT-37:usa2
71 T/A WHT AUTO
71 T/A LB 4SPD
72 T/A WHT 4spd
74 SD T/A Admiralty Blue Auto
others that reside in the barn too
Old 03-27-2018, 08:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not garage, Sanctuary! lol when i'm in here hobbyin, alls right with the world! car is much further along than this pic shows. this year i'm switching to an overhead propane heat system. that's a 400,000 btu diesel fuel flamed on there. really warms it up lickity split.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Judge, that's a really nice space. I am about 1/4 the way through a new shop/garage build. Cant wait until its finished. Are you talking about an infrared radiant heat system? I have one in my current garage and have yet to hook it up. Was planning on putting one in my new shop as well.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
Judge, that's a really nice space. I am about 1/4 the way through a new shop/garage build. Cant wait until its finished. Are you talking about an infrared radiant heat system? I have one in my current garage and have yet to hook it up. Was planning on putting one in my new shop as well.
Thank you, I chose not to insulate, so I got the diesel heater while I decided what propane system I wanted. radiant/forced air etc. I decided on a separate combustion high btu forced air unit. I'm only out there on weekends so it'll suffice me. if I were out there 7 days a week and such, would have insulated and went radiant heat probably. I have a son who is a certified HVAC so I'm getting a deal yeha.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

3 car garage, just a few miles off Woodward, Insulated, Drywalled, w/ heater, black border w/Platinum Race Deck floor, 3 rd stall has carpet for when the car buds come by, firebird high top table, frige, custom cabinets, stero, video, DVD, recently glass blocked the service door in, for extra security and light, hung some memorabilia, ready for summer. Cars & coffee is in June.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 03-28-2018, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Burd, that's not a garage, that's man heaven! I'd like to see some pics of that one. Sounds pretty awesome.
Judge, I was asking about the heater because my brother had a Hot Dawg forced air propane heater in his garage when he lived in MD. He has moved to the great white north and his buddy has one of the long tube infrared/radiant heaters mounted across the ceiling and he said it is so much nicer than the hot dawg heater he had. That's why i was leaning on installing one of those.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
Burd, that's not a garage, that's man heaven! I'd like to see some pics of that one. Sounds pretty awesome.
Judge, I was asking about the heater because my brother had a Hot Dawg forced air propane heater in his garage when he lived in MD. He has moved to the great white north and his buddy has one of the long tube infrared/radiant heaters mounted across the ceiling and he said it is so much nicer than the hot dawg heater he had. That's why i was leaning on installing one of those.
funny you say that, I was checking into the tube radiant heat as well. those allow less clearance requirement space to framing etc also. I may yet go that route. another friend recently said the forced air type uses a lot more propane. he switched to a house type propane system and ran ducts. says a lot more efficient. I like the tube radiant heat. thanks

Old 05-06-2018, 02:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

mine is an S hole. packed full of tools. if i showed a picture to anybody i'd have to kill them. barely room to walk around the buick that's in there. minimal room to work on it or anything else. usually stuff on the car, have to move it to drive it. my truck wont fit in there anymore cause the shell is on it. at least it locks up tight. no heat really. has a wall heater but with no ceiling the heat just goes straight up and out. no lift, no hoist, got an engine on a stand for the last ten years. it needs to come apart to replace the rebuilder pistons. got a couple of sets of heads on the floor, one virgin 400 sbc block. floor jack, drills hammer drills, tool boxes, hole hawg, demolition hammers, compressor. 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb garage. but at least i have one. it's a rare commodity on an old house like mine around here

When a cat is dropped it always lands on its feet. When buttered toast is dropped it always lands with the buttered side facing down. If a piece of buttered toast was attached to the back of a cat, when dropped, the cat/buttered toast combination should hover, spinning just above the ground, as it tries unsuccessfully to resolve the inevitable conflict of non-scientific certainties.

Last edited by bullheimer; 05-06-2018 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:36 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheimer View Post
mine is an S hole. packed full of tools. if i showed a picture to anybody i'd have to kill them. barely room to walk around the buick that's in there. minimal room to work on it or anything else. usually stuff on the car, have to move it to drive it. my truck wont fit in there anymore cause the shell is on it. at least it locks up tight. no heat really. has a wall heater but with no ceiling the heat just goes straight up and out. no lift, no hoist, got an engine on a stand for the last ten years. it needs to come apart to replace the rebuilder pistons. got a couple of sets of heads on the floor, one virgin 400 sbc block. floor jack, drills hammer drills, tool boxes, hole hawg, demolition hammers, compressor. 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb garage. but at least i have one. it's a rare commodity on an old house like mine around here
Sounds like a ripper shed mate

Need a pic.
JL

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Old 06-27-2018, 02:42 PM
Senior Chief

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I finally did a clean-up of my garage. Gained a whole bay!

Old 07-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Senior Chief

Looks nice. Some of my cabinets I finally got mounted and wall art, along with a couple of pics of my mancave/loft upstairs.

1979 W72 Fire Am
1976 Fire Am
Old 07-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Senior Chief

NICE!!! Looks like a cool place to hang out.