Old 06-02-2020, 03:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Vacuum Modulator Metal Line

So I'm trying to install my "Inline Tube" metal vacuum modulator line ... I notice in the 69 assembly manual, if you look close it shows that the line should fit INSIDE the carb fitting and inside the modulator, and that the hose just holds the connection in place.

Well my new line doesn't not fit into either ... just a tad too large ... is this common? Rare? Expected? Surprising? Is there a solution?

Thanks

Old 06-02-2020, 09:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you have a factory modulator? I've found that sometimes when using those little aftermarket adjustable modulators the inside diameter of the hole is smaller and the line no longer fits.

If not fitting on the carb side, that's a different story. It kind of sounds like the line was made too large on the ends.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 06-02-2020, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Using the original to the car, big fat modulator.

The line appears to be about .005" to large in OD.

Wonder if all the modulator lines from Inline Tube have the same problem, or is it just mine.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If it's that close, the easy fix would be to twist a piece of sand paper back and forth over the line nipple until it removes enough material to slide in.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 06-02-2020, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll give it a shot ... but it feels a tad too big for that ... that happens to be one of my specialties, reducing OD with sandpaper

Old 06-04-2020, 05:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys were right ... I ended up snugging up a keyless chuck on it, gave it a few spins and the hardened drill jaws shaved a few thousands off the soft tube and now they slip right in.

Anyone know the hose size that covers the line where it connects to the carb and the modulator?

Last edited by dataway; 06-04-2020 at 05:12 AM.