Old 06-26-2020, 06:18 PM

Default Headlight Wiring Access

I've already looked at the body manual and I still can't figure out a way too access the area between the grill and radiator core support, short of pulling the all the front sheetmetal loose. I'm rewiring the car and need to run the new headlight wiring. The existing wiring is routed on the grill side of the core support. I didn't build the car so I don't know how it went together. Can anyone suggest an easier way to go about this. I guess I should tell you that it's a 1963 Tempest Coupe.

Thanks for any help

Old 06-27-2020, 02:06 AM
Senior Chief

I feel your pain! To install new wiring the easiest way is to remove the radiator. Sounds bad but 2 hose clamps and 3 bolts and it is out of the way. Good luck!

Old 06-27-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanduners View Post
I feel your pain! To install new wiring the easiest way is to remove the radiator. Sounds bad but 2 hose clamps and 3 bolts and it is out of the way. Good luck!
That's kinds what I figured out, was hoping beyond all hopes that there was a easier solution. I'm changing out the radiator as well as the rewire but DeWitts has a 6 week backlog because of the virus. Bad timing all around. Thanks for the reply.
Stay safe.