Old 04-06-2019, 08:14 PM

Those came out very nice, well done! Water temp front & center!

Old 04-09-2019, 01:26 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for posting the picture. They look great!

Old 04-24-2019, 11:06 PM

NICE!

Custom, but with a stock type appearance, fonts etc.

QUOTE=schultcd;6010385]I just received my Speedhut gauges. I got the 4 1/2” speedo and tach because the bezels are the same size as the originals. The holes will need to be trimmed slightly for them to fit, however. I hate to trim my original bezel so I might use a later “RTS” bezel instead. Might try filling the holes before sending it to Randy for restoration. Has anyone ever done that? The 2 1/16” gauges fit directly in the existing holes with no modifications.

Speedhut was very good to work with on the design process. If anyone is interested in doing this, they use Adobe Illustrator in their graphics department and the have some blank templates on their website. Just send them your file and they’ll make the gauges with your graphics. I’m no graphic designer, I don’t know how many hours I spent trying to get mine to look the way I wanted. They’re still not perfect but I’m happy with them. [/QUOTE]

1972+ Lucerne Blue 4-door hardtop "what if" T-41 Le Mans Sport GT/Grand Am concepts. Equipped with future 3" journal "455 HO"/"what if" prototype "SD 455".
What if GM had continued production of the 1970-72 GM A body somewhere in the southern hemisphere?
Old 04-24-2019, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is the fuel gauge in the speedo? The speedo GPS? Thanks

Old 04-25-2019, 08:41 PM

Fuel gauge is in the speedo. It is programmable for any sending unit. Speedo is GPS.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

How are the speedhut gauges lit? Backlit or is it around the edge like stock?

Old 04-29-2019, 09:04 AM

They are backlit and have separate lighting for the pointer. I’ll post pictures of mine when I can get time to wire them up, but here’s an example:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2jW9YUesA14

Old 04-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Talking

Ok, that's really awesome that they are backlit. May I ask (if you don't mind) what that setup cost you? And is your design available to copy? :-)

Old 05-23-2019, 03:31 PM

I received my HDX gauges from Dakota Digital the other day.
Ordered them in February, wanted my Water Temp gauge to display Celcius and my Speedo to display MPH, so had to have them special order. Took about 8 weeks to make then delivered to me across the pond.
Customs held them for a month

Got a couple of hours spare today and fitted them

Here is a short video of them in Demo Mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkeH...ature=youtu.be

Mick

Old 05-23-2019, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Was ready to order Speedhut gauges for my 70 Formula, but stumbled on this thread. Just want to confirm that the 4" tach and speedo will fit in the opening without any trimming? Also, would like to use Schultcd's design...I did not see any design templates on their website....any other information I can provide Speedhut when I contact them about it?

Old 05-23-2019, 08:07 PM

Default Gauges

https://www.intellitronix.com/produc...nt-gauge-panel

Old 05-24-2019, 10:51 AM

Bandit400, I paid around $900 for the kit. I am OK with you guys using the design. When you place the order, just put in the comments that you want to use the graphics that were used on order 115641. The graphics department contact is Alaina Westberg and she can assist you with any changes. She was awesome to work with.
As far as the 4” gauges, they should fit fine, just a little slop in the hole. You will probably have yours installed before mine is on the road.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:21 PM

Speedhut has a sale now until the 28th. 15% off.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultcd View Post
Speedhut has a sale now until the 28th. 15% off.
Thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultcd View Post
I just received my Speedhut gauges. I got the 4 1/2” speedo and tach because the bezels are the same size as the originals. The holes will need to be trimmed slightly for them to fit, however. I hate to trim my original bezel so I might use a later “RTS” bezel instead. Might try filling the holes before sending it to Randy for restoration. Has anyone ever done that? The 2 1/16” gauges fit directly in the existing holes with no modifications.

Speedhut was very good to work with on the design process. If anyone is interested in doing this, they use Adobe Illustrator in their graphics department and the have some blank templates on their website. Just send them your file and they’ll make the gauges with your graphics. I’m no graphic designer, I don’t know how many hours I spent trying to get mine to look the way I wanted. They’re still not perfect but I’m happy with them.
Wondering how you're going to configure your turn signals. Are you going to use the ones built into the speedo, and if so, what are your plans for the arrows on the sides of the water temp gauge?

Old 05-27-2019, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

you can see the blinkers and high beam indicators there. I filled my blinker arrows but I made my own bezel out of a non a/c firebird piece and used the adhesive engine turned foil. it cleaned up the bezel as I wanted the built in blinkers/high beams. applied epoxy primer to give the adhesive a good stick. painted the bezel surround piece black. mine have blue black lighting, now if I can get my car done so I can install it darn it.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:49 PM

That looks fantastic. What a neat, clean looking job. Well done.
I intend using the Speed Hut gauges as well and also using the built in indicators and high beam light in the speedo, so what you have done to fill in the indicator holes is a great idea.

Old 05-27-2019, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

thanks for the kind words, don't forget to pay the 50 bucks to not get the speedhut logo on 'em unless you like the logo.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:55 AM

I had originally planned to fill mine in also, but now I think I’m going to use the later model green lenses behind the factory arrows and mount a green LED behind them. I just like the symmetrical look of the factory ones instead of having them in the speedo. I will use the high beam indicator in the speedo.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just a little hint if someone wants it. Mount the Speedhut supplied dimmer in the hole above the ebrake. I always wondered why the factory had the hole there, now I do

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over