Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2020, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce
Default Joined Torqhead and 68lemans462 at Bandimere

First track outing I've undertaken in many years and the first I've had my bird out. I joined up with Dave and Dan, as well as some other Pontiac enthusiast for some fun runs at Bandimere last night.

I was more nervous about the drive down there. I'm about 75 miles away from the track and driving a low geared, non-overdrive vehicle long distances is always a bit nerve racking.

Made it there and back just fine, but the better part is that the car exceeded my expectations how it sits. I got 5 runs in with a best of 13.389 @ 103.72. Cut a decent 60' on street tires after figuring out the track would hold more than my first run of the evening. DA on that run was around 8150 ft.

After that unfortunately the track and my tires just started getting greasy and the car was plenty heat soaked. Couldn't get the car off the line well and ET's suffered as a result.

The car never really hiccuped and only needed some minor tweaking to accelerator pump settings. A few weaknesses did show up that I can address. Cooling is an issue for the car at low speeds so I really need to address my fan situation. The car also needs a better trans cooler and I believe an oil cooler would also help as I watched pressure levels slowly drop as the car because more heat soaked.

Race weight with me and a 3/4 tank of gas was right at 3600 lbs.

Both Dave and Dan were running pretty well last night and the air wasn't the worst I've seen there. Both are really great guys and gave me that necessary push to get out and abuse the car for a bit! Definitely appreciate all their help and insight!

Here's a quick clip of a couple of my later runs after I unloaded the car and got the go-pro out.

https://youtu.be/ZTUMu66jA9A