Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 PM

Talking Firebird 70 Esprit/Formula Clone

I am selling my 1970 Firebird esprit turned into a formula! I bought car from original owners and I have
taken this car from the condition it was to what it is now. There is no rust or bondo in car and short of a full
frame off everything has been done.
Engine has been rebuilt with only 5000 mile's on it and runs like a beast.Motor is a 400 out of a 69 gto.
Motor is bored 60 over with flat top pistons and crower sportsman rods and forged crank and
balanced. Heads are 670 with moderate port work the right way, with crower springs and butler valves and
roller tip rockers.Cam is a crower 60243 112 Degree with crower rods and lifters. Intake is a Torker 1 with
850 Holley. The dist is a performance dist balanced and tune for car. Customed air Cleanor. Hooker ceramic
coated headers. Motor has been balanced and shave to 0 deck and some offheads along with intake to
match heads. This car has 11 camp and runs on race fuel or pump 92 if in higher alt but runs better with mix
or straight race fuel! Has all new fuel lines and chrome pulleys and other parts. This motor is well built and
dyno up here at alt 4500 with 350 to rear wheels and would have even more at sea level The guy on dyno
said it was the best iron head car that he had on his dyno. Can get more detailed if need. Also Has 240
chrome alt. I also hive ran wiring from fan and stuff into a box to clean it up.Has a actual 12 volt for
electronic ignition not 9 volt that came on these cars.New battery. Has custom Bars to strengthen the front
and had them chromed. Some pulleys chromed and water pump cleared. Intake baked and cleared. Chromed
tall valve covers. I
Trans is a turbo 350 With 3200 stall and blm ratchet console shifter and has been completely rebuilt using all
new clutches and shift kit. This trans shifts hard and on the money. Stall was custom built for car and made
with top quality parts.

Rear end has a new rebuilt posi with maser axles and c-clip eliminators and sway bar with traction bars with
3.73 gears, 10 bolt from 77 trans am.

Has sub frame connectors and new gas tank with sump, painted to match car and 112 inch fuel lines with
large filter running thru a carter electric fuel pump all the way to front and also has a return line thru top of
tank.
Interior Has been totally custom with Firebird put in middle of seats with formula between wings. Has the 70
seats but just custom and door panels custom. Has formula wheel and custom sun visors and roof with
powder coated rails on sides and new carpet and mats. Everything redone. Has Custom Firebird logo mats
on floor.
Car has been taken down to medal and repainted with all trim off and emblems off and has rear tail and
formula hood. Paint was done within 5 years and is always garaged.
Car has been also coated inside trunk and new lights with correct date code and chrome.Bumper re chromed
and new bolts.
Front bumper has been coated with a flex in paint not to crack.Also grills cleaned up and all lights work on
car.
Car has new electric fans and new alum be cool radiator. Has chrome brake booster and is new along with
duel oil filters and chrome covers. Has chrome catch can and custom radiator support and bottom. Car has
been mod with ac taken out to none ac car to allow more room in engine compartment.

Tires and rims are new from wheel vin and are bullet alum light weight rims and custom made with 15 x 8
295150115 in back and fronts with 205/60115. Also has drop spindles and new Qa 1 springs and shocks on
front with new slotted rotors and brakes. Rear has new brakes and edlebrock shocks. Tires are new Indy 500
Firestone.
Like I said above Has almost all new trim and what was not has been cleaned up.
Exhaust is all new with 3 inch thru flowmaster 2 Chamber muflers new style and is load but sounds
awesome not that noise of no power.
I bought this car with the original miles of90,000 on it 20 years ago and was brown with tan interior
custom. Car was ordered without the vinyl roof and came with original rallys which were sold. Car was in
perfect shape when bought and had a 350 two barrel,which gave out after driving awhile. The rear end was a
ten bolt non posi. I have completely redone car with specs above. I spent many years doing this car and this
is the second time on rebuild of this 400 motor from a stock rebuild to a performance motor.The Air Cleanor
was designed by me with the filter in the scoops for up in reno you need lots of air and with all air cleaners
it was not working so I came up with this design and it works awesome at track and works from idle to full
throttle at end of track, I have only taken car down track a few times and with tires spinning thru 1 st and
second and hit a 13.50 up here at 4500alt and if had run slicks car would have been easily high 11 to 12
second quarters. This Car is a beast and runs top notch. Has Rpm gauge and a tree of three. Also has amp
gauge.
There is some cracking by hood scoops because of age of hood but not bad and very small. Dash has been
dyed to match but has a few small cracks on top but custom cover hiding all and has by radio area a few
marks. But over all in good shape.The car also has no radio and ac any longer.Car has the line lock for front
tires but not hook up.Has nitrous gauge and car is set up to run it as far as mechanical but gauge not hooked
up.Did not take car off frame which is the only thing I did not do.Car probably won't pass your smog if you
need to smog it, it might pass just won't guarantee, most states don't make you smog classic cars. Have not
had to since smog the frrst time for have not driven car over 2500 miles a year, more like 500 to 1000. Car
also has one small oil drip in back but known for Pontiac.Car has separate switch for fuel pump and fans
and other switch for line locks if to hook up.
This Firebird is fast and clean and fun! Has been in Hot August Nights here in Reno and Has had lots of
attention and many picks taken. I took care and pride redoing this car and it shows. I am sure There is
something I have done not listed here and can answer any questions needed.
Many questions goes as follows motor is new and was painted when out of car and Is kept clean. The hood
is fiberglass and the cracks on front of hood are small surface cracks by front scoop and very easy to fix and
only in a real small area.If you don't want to fix up a car then this is the one to have.!t is not a everyday ride
for the gas would cost you severely but could.! have parts to go with car when sold and fuel. I had put it in
cheap last time to give people a chance to bid but must have gone to cheap and this time I am putting car in for 28000. I have lots of time and money into car and 28000 does
not even compare to the money spent into car. I am only selling car to start a new project. Who ever has
seen this car in person calls pristine and one of the nicest sounding and looking cars they have seen. This is
not just some Firebird off the street that you can buy! If you want fast and people to smile and thumbs up
everywhere you go then this is the car. Motor was put together right and forged everything and tuned to the
dyno.

You supply pick up of car and if your shipping it you supply carrier on your own to get it there. Your buying the car you pick up.There is 2000 deposit no refunds. Also you buy the car As is no
warranty. No test drives I will take you out if needed.
Alan 775-233-1868
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29A07366.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	195767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_Pic0005.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	195768   Click image for larger version

Name:	gallery_2_423_66666.jpg