1982-92 TA & FB TECH 1993-2002 TA & FB Tech is now part of the new Late Model Section of the PY Forums. Click this link to check it out.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Unhappy 1995 T/A Possible Heater Core Air Lock

I replaced the water pump. all front seals and opti spark distributor with wires and plugs and the ac compressor. about everything on the front was disconnected or removed. i installed a new thermostat. Temp reads a quarter on the gauge now. But both heater hoses don't feel hot but engine does. So i am thinking i have a air locked heater core. i tried bleeding by the bleeder screws-no luck on that. Whats the best way to do as the hoses are routed down by the oil pan.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

this thing is driving me crazy. i have the car jacked up by the filler neck side. I have wasted over two gallons of anti freeze trying to bleed this thing. Now its trying to run hot i may have blown a head gasket fooling with this P.O.S. This is why i hate chevy engines. The heater core bleeder screws are in the wrong place. they should be close to the heater core not the thermostat and water pump where it runs down on the opti spark distributor. another crappy idea from chevrolet. And who"s bright idea was it to run the heater hoses by the oil pan any way? Sorry for the vent.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Senior Chief

I just take them out and run them over 3k till the temp drops.. Bring back and top off

Old 11-16-2015, 12:07 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I did that,i now got the temp to stabilize and now have heat. Pretty sure i finally got all the air out of the system. But i think it is possible there is a stop age in the heater core. I will try to back flush the heater core this week to see it it increases the flow. Sorry for the earlier vent. Just a lot going on right now. sure hope i don't have to add a heater core replacement to this job.