Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 06-16-2013, 09:02 PM

Default Is blue seat back paint available?

Can anyone tell me if blue seat back paint is available in a spray can? And if available, who supplies it? I have a Lucerne blue GTO with a matching blue interior. I would like to freshen up the seat backs on the buckets seats. Please see the photos of the car to get a better idea of the seat back paint color I need. The paint (or dye) color does not have to be perfect, just the best match available. Thanks, Elmer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010007.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	326731   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010005.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	326732  

Old 06-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default paint

ames list different blues for different years what year is your car sorry getting too old to recognize the right year. Get the code off the firewall for the interior and take it down to a local paint store. A well stocked paint store [automotive] can make the paint for you and put it in a spray can. just had the local paint store make me a can of spray paint in a custom color to spray on an old fender and set it out in the yard to look at to see if it is the right color that I will like after a few days

Old 06-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

you might try our host also ames sells a spray can of paint for $14 and the local paint store made mine for $15 and change in acrylic enamel also try eastwood

Old 06-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

SEM Color Coat #6169. I had it mixed for my 71 TA blue interior (same color as your blue). You can call SEM directly to get the formula or they can mix it and send it to you. Or, if you search the Firebird tech threads, Weranc55 used it on his TA as well and posted the formula in a thread a few months ago.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:36 AM

Tanks guys. Great info.