Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 06-19-2009, 08:54 PM

Jim, A thought, Put out a want ad for the wheels on your car. See what shakes out. A months ad won't cost much and flush out the theif.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
Jim, A thought, Put out a want ad for the wheels on your car. See what shakes out. A months ad won't cost much and flush out the theif.

Mike
I have an ad on craigslist with $1000 reward, nothing yet. I might place one in the local paper also, that is a good idea, thanks. -Jim

Old 06-19-2009, 10:58 PM

Hunt for individual parts. Use a buddy's or your son's cell if you have to. They have your name and address from the registration.

Mike

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
Hunt for individual parts. Use a buddy's or your son's cell if you have to. They have your name and address from the registration.

Mike
We are doing that. My son also had some high dollar softball bats in the trunk. The name/address thing stinks, the card in the dash also has my daughters GTP, my 67 Barracuda and my GTO on it. Fortunately the GTO and Barracuda are not kept at my house. And if the do come around here at night they will get to meet my 2 friends, Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. -Jim

Old 06-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

Jim, Ive been doing a search of all the Craigslist for '78 Grand Am and found a kid with a '78 GA out west; the car is silver with a red racing stripe and red on the bottom with dayton rims and new interior....maybe he'll keep his eyes open for you; heres his email:
jamesd876@gmail.com. I'll keep lookin'....

Old 06-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJim View Post
The name/address thing stinks, the card in the dash also has my daughters GTP, my 67 Barracuda and my GTO on it. Fortunately the GTO and Barracuda are not kept at my house. And if the do come around here at night they will get to meet my 2 friends, Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. -Jim
Let's hope that they are stupid enough to come snooping by your house.
It would be good if you could have a night watch person during the no daylight hours, say 11pm to 5am.

Seeking recovery of my stolen 1988 Buick LeSabre T-type. Primary summer driver & Road Trip car.
Garnet Red with 2007 PENDOT inspection stickers on windshield. Had minor damage to left rear quarter & bumper. Last three of VIN: 301
Could be being driven with altered VIN.
Bodywork on left rear quarter (near the tail light) would be a tip-off.
Last seen by a patrol officer doing a routine plate check in Gary, Indiana, August 31, 2009
(The thieves were driving, but my plate was clean.)
Old 06-21-2009, 10:19 PM

Jim ....really sorry to hear the bad news. Check your local craigslist in case they try to sell your parts and your local swapmeets too. Also check ebay!

Many older cars are being stolen ...then stripped of the good parts and sold over the internet. The wheels and most likely the carb are the first to sell.

Also post here what type of aftermarket parts you installed on the car and we can check our local craiglist to see if they pop up. I will keep an eye out up here in my neck of the woods.

One more thing ...is there any security cameras installed at the movies theater? Maybe they caught it on one of the cameras.

Is it possible he parked it in a handi-cap spot and it got towed away?...you did say he parked it 4 spaces from the door. Just trying to help.

I hope they catch the bastards.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would check the police impound yard. I had an ATV stolen once. It was stolen on a Friday and onthe following Monday it was in the police impound lot. The police were never notified of it being there, and I spent another 60 days trying to find it locally. It just so happen the lot was next to a junkyard that I visited often looking for parts for my 70 firebird. I looked over the fence and there it was.
I was furious because I had to pay $900 in impound fees all because the police were never notified.
Trent

Old 06-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

Jim,
Have you posted this over on Malibu Racing?

Josh

Old 11-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My car was recovered last Friday in Savannah Georgia. I left at 8 AM and made the 5 hour drive(each way -10 total) with the car trailer yesterday to pick her up. The PD had e-mailed me a list of what to bring with me on Friday. Went to the impound yard and dropped of the trailer and then went to PD to get the release. Guess what, car was still listed on the state computer as stolen and the detective that was assigned the case would have to release and he would not be in until 3.30 pm(this was about 1.30 pm). OH well, really didn't suprise me with the incompetence, but now I had 2 hours to kill. Drove out toward Tybee island and discovered Uncle Bubba's Oyster House. All I can say is God wanted me to eat there! Best food in the world! Owned by Paula Deen's brother(Uncle Bubba). OK, finally got the release and went to the yard to load her up, but first must settle with the yard for towing and storage. Keep in mind, they picked the car up on Friday and this is Monday. The fee came to 200 bucks! Oh well, let the raping continue. Made it back to Peachtree City at 10 PM, 14 hours total! Now about the car. The perps were driving the car and were arrested, all the info the cops would tell me is they have several felonies pending. First thing I noticed on the is the red "For Sale" sign in the window! Next thing I notice is the car still has my Tag on it! Found an expired "Tag Applied For" tag in the rear seat, it was from a legitamate dealer but it expired on 10-30 so my guess is the thieves got brave enough and reinstalled the correct tag! That is what helped me get the car back, thank God for stupid!! The impound yard had the keys and that is a good thing because all of the locks, including the ignitioon, doors and trunk had been re-keyed!!! My original keys would not work! Makes me wonder if the thief was also a locksmith? Inside were some real nice clothes from the hood, 9 beers, baby shoes and cigars. Nice combo huh, stolen car with a baby and alcohol. The car overall is in pretty good shape, the tires have the sidewalls really beat up and they have some deep cuts from jumping medians and curbs. The worst part is they yanked back on the dash and slid in a stolen VIN. Also the grills have several on the vertical strips broken and a few small dings. Overall it is not bad considering these Bozos had the car from June 10th until Nov 6th(5 months). The good news is my baby is home! Thanks to all who kept a lookout. -Jim

Old 11-10-2009, 06:07 PM

Good to hear.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 PM

Jim glad to hear it's safe at home.The bright side is it's not totaled and what damage there is seems to be minor. Plus you've got a NICE GRAND PRIX to boot!

Mike

- Winston Churchill
Old 11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jim glad to hear that you got your car back.Did you find out the thugs name who stole it.You can look them up on the Chatham co jail website.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by se428bandit View Post
Jim glad to hear that you got your car back.Did you find out the thugs name who stole it.You can look them up on the Chatham co jail website.
It is on the tow sheet. Apparently according to th cops this guy has previous felonies. Newnan PD has had a lot of muscle cars stolen and feels this is part of a pro ring. The trouble they went to to pull the dash and replace the vin and re-key makes me think so too. I wish I had the money to put Lo-Jack on all my cars. -Jim

Old 11-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Senior Chief

Good to hear Jim. Just a thought, you might want to see if the police dept has a victim assistance group. You might be able to get reimbursed for the $200 impound fee. You were a victim of a crime and they might be able to compensate you.

Mark Twain
Old 11-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJim View Post
all the info the cops would tell me is they have several felonies pending.

That's a bunch of bull, Jim. This is public record, and you can get the report using the Open Records Act and then follow up with the prosecutor's office to make sure that these people get what is coming to them. You know my number if you need to talk about it.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog View Post
That's a bunch of bull, Jim. This is public record, and you can get the report using the Open Records Act and then follow up with the prosecutor's office to make sure that these people get what is coming to them. You know my number if you need to talk about it.
PM'd you my cell. -Jim

Old 11-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Awesome Jim!! Glad u got her back!

2017, 74 firebird -3600 lbs (all bests) 1.33 60 ft, 6.314@108.39 9.950@134.32
M/T 275/60 ET SS Drag Radial

2023,(Pontiac 505) 1.27 60 ft, 5.97@112.86, 9.48@139.31.... 275/60 Radial Pro's