Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 01-23-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Catch A Thief - Kill A Theif

Well here it is, last year I had my boat stolen, and sunday morning I find this. My daughter comes over to visit and asks me if I need any help working on my truck, I say I am not working on my truck, She asks why are the wheels off. This sucks, it took me a year to pay my wheels off and I bet it only took 30 minutes to take them. You cant have nothing nowadays. I wish I could have caught them in the act.
As you can tell I have no middle ground when someone steals from a man who has to work for everything he has.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0006.JPG
Views:	720
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	80191   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0007.JPG
Views:	732
ID:	80192   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0005.JPG
Views:	509
ID:	80193   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0003.JPG
Views:	906
ID:	80194   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0004.JPG
Views:	516
ID:	80195  

Old 01-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That sucks man, i wish it was easier to catch'em.

'74 ventura, (Fired july 14/06) '74 462 4-bolt (9.5-1), SCAT, Ross, T-II w/850DP (shaker455), TH350, Conti 10'' 3800, Supercomps, Magnaflow, 3'' Pypes, 3.73's, 28x13.5-15 ET streets.

1970 Beismeyer 17' flatbottom vdrive, 11.8:1 455P, ported heads, dual Qjet tunnel ram.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe this will make you feel better - I had a set of aftermarket rims stolen a few years back and I went to the dealer and got an quote for all new factory wheels, tires, lugs, center caps, etc. It would blow your mind if you knew what the markup was on wheels/tires at the dealer. I submitted to ins and got a check minus $500 deductible and still had almost enough to buy the aftermarket wheels/tires that were stolen. If the tires had been worn, I would have actually made out in the end, minus the hassle.

1962 Grand Prix - Cameo Ivory|389 4sp|One-Owner Survivor
1964 GTO HT - Silvermist Grey|389 3x2s 4spd|A/C|Hurst Wheels|Frame-off|SOLD
1965 GTO Post - Mayfair Maize|421 3x2s TKO600|Pro-Touring|
1966 GTO HT - Barrier Blue|389 3x2s 4spd|Red Fenderliners
2005 GTO Coupe - Yellow Jacket|Magnacharged LS2 6sp|543hp/561tq|SOLD
2006 GTO Coupe - Spice Red|LS2 6sp|20k orig miles
Old 01-24-2007, 12:51 PM

Right out in the open like that? Be sure to look the other way if someone is breaking into your neighbors houses.

I feel your pain. Several years ago I restored a set of Rally IIs only to come out to my garage and find my GTO sitting on my jack stands. They took the rims which had brand new trim rings, center caps and Goodyear tires plus my tool chest. It takes a while for the pain and rage to die down and for you to stop looking at every unfamiliar face in the neighborhood scornfully.

Good luck catching the A-holes.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't trust anyone!!!! My garage door is always closed, and my Pontiac never stays in the driveway, as a mater of fact it never leaves my sight, even at a cruise night or show. I don't trust anyone!!!!!

The problem is nothing happens to these a--holes, the authorities don't look because it is a waste of time, and insurance covers the loss. Well that does not cut it for me. If I ever catch anybody steeling anything from my property or anyone elses, you can bet they are going to be there when the police get there, point blank.....

I say cut ther hand off for first offense. Going to be pretty damn hard to do it again with one hand. Second offense the other hand come off, than lets see them steal anything. Crime probably stop pretty quick this way, not to mention when they are out in public people will know what kind of person they are with a hand or 2 missing.

1965 GTO: 467 (Built By Dan Willever), 400 Block, Eagle 4.25 Stroke, Eagle 6.8 Rods, BRC Pistons, Custom Grind Hydraulic Roller Cam, Edelbrock 72cc Heads Ported, HS Rockers, Doug's Headers, Edelbrock Victor 4150, QTF 850 Carb, TCI Flex plate, AutoGear M22 4 Speed, SPEC Clutch and Pressure Plate, 12 Bolt 3:73 Posi.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

RARON; might want to comb the pawn shops. Around here methheads will steal $2,500 worth of stuff only to get $50 to support their habbit. As far as shooting then, thats really preventative maintenance.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Senior Chief

I agree with 65 GTO 69 post # 5

Old 01-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Senior Chief

Not to be an a$$ but you do realize that if you shoot someone for stealing you will be the one in lockdown. And if they dont die they will then take you to civil court and most likely win. And if they do die their family will most likely take everything you have... while you are in lockdown. Unless ofcourse you can very precisely articulate how your life was in danger. I dont know, maybe he came after you with the tire iron.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Suspended

The system is f'ed up. The thief has all the rights. The victim has none. The biggest mistake I made Oct. 26, 2003 was running past my brothers loaded 30-30 and chasing down a cop's brother and nephew that were stealing the heads off one of my engines for 3rd brother that has a stock car. (These idiots thought it was a chevy because the engine had been painted that ridiculous ugly color). I caught the morons 9.7 miles down the road, but who got in trouble? Me. Not them at all. Even during the first hearing on the felony Assult charges against me, my lawyer got them to admit they had lied in order to get me in to it and save thier own skin. But in kangeroo courts, the truth doesn't matter. I still after all was said and done got 2 years probration. Do I respect the law? You have got to be kidding. Shoot & drop the theif on the spot and there's no doubt what the scum was doing. Sad thing is, I still have the tools they left behind with their names engraved in them and I still to this day cannot get a single over authorized clown to even look at them. But the day is coming I will see them fall and bob parks the prosecutor who admitted that he knew they (the 2 theives)were lieing in court but he didn't care because he had a deal with their brother (the sherriff's deputy) . I will never have a drop of respect for the scum that steals and their over authorized relatives that let them. In franklin county Misssouri where 90 percent of the thieves are related to the cops, you have to drop 'em and then call a fed. Marshall first.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_

...if he's on your property - the thief doesn't have *too* many rights

I'd feel pretty comfortable doing what i chose

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE
Old 01-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Suspended

That's why you drop 'em where they are and not let them get off your ground. If I had dropped them, I would have not gotten prosecuted like I did. Even the judge told me "do what you have to do to keep them there, and you are in the clear." They were over 250 feet from the road, in my building, so they were more than just checking out the ditch.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goquick
That's why you drop 'em where they are and not let them get off your ground. If I had dropped them, I would have not gotten prosecuted like I did. Even the judge told me "do what you have to do to keep them there, and you are in the clear." They were over 250 feet from the road, in my building, so they were more than just checking out the ditch.
I say the law needs a huge adjustment; if my wife/little girl/son are home alone in the boonies and some lowlife POS comes to our home - thats a definte threat. You should be allowed to blow em away. That would also drop the crime, even methheads might be smart enough to stop after a few dead pieces of $h*t were making the news. Shoot a few - set an example.
The perp is the victim and the victim is the perp.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
Old 01-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

By the way GoQuick - you remember that story in St Louis a few months ago where that old lady shot some lowlife breaking into her house (maybe it was North or East St Louis) and she thought she missed and he jumped out the window ? Only to find a dead body in her livingroom in the morning ?

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
Old 01-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It depends on the state as to what you can do about thieves. TX and a few others arent like the stupid north eastern states where you just hand them the keys to your car and let them have a go at the wife if they want or you get sued over it.

Unfortunately I live in Michigan now, and if I drop someone even on my property without being in danger of bodily harm I go to jail. Lucky for me I live in a remote part of the state and all the tweaks and crack heads are well known. We have no pawn shops here either, but still just a few hours of target practice out back each month seems to keep most lowlifes away.

People do tend to stop by and see if they can steal some gas occasionally..

The previous owner of where I live sold old cars for a living, so people are always stopping in to see if I have this or that, and some think my personal rides are for sale. Have walked out and found someone sitting in the 72 HO Formula and looking around in it. Since I have all the valuable stuff parked outback or inside the shop. He looked at me like I was crazy when he asked how much to buy it. They dont come back though..

Anyway, find out what the state laws are before you defend property with deadly force. If you live in the liberal infested north east, well why bother owning a gun since you cant use it.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Suspended

455Grandville, I do remember that. Personnally, I loved it she got the scum. BTW, My plans for this fall and what I do to the county prosecutor and thieves in court isn't going to be nice. They might get to drag it out, but I am going for breaking the county.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix
Not to be an a$$ but you do realize that if you shoot someone for stealing you will be the one in lockdown. And if they dont die they will then take you to civil court and most likely win. And if they do die their family will most likely take everything you have... while you are in lockdown. Unless ofcourse you can very precisely articulate how your life was in danger. I dont know, maybe he came after you with the tire iron.
That's why I love texas... if you catch a theif on/in your property stealing from you, you have the right to shoot them dead and you won't even be arrested.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goquick
455Grandville, I do remember that. Personnally, I loved it she got the scum. BTW, My plans for this fall and what I do to the county prosecutor and thieves in court isn't going to be nice. They might get to drag it out, but I am going for breaking the county.
I think her being a elderly lady sure saved her from prosecution. Id also bet no lowlifes will dare come in her house again.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
Old 01-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Suspended

Theee was a guy in north st.louis that did the same thing about 2 years ago, and the thief was related to a city cop who worked the area. The guy who's home was invaded was only late 20's, and because he had been actuly cut by the thief's knife, they let him go without charges also.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Suspended

There was a guy in north st.louis that did the same thing about 2 years ago, and the thief was related to a city cop who worked the area. The guy who's home was invaded was only late 20's, and because he had been actuly cut by the thief's knife, they let him go without charges also.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

lesson here - Dont bring a knife to a gunfight.

Gene Hackman: "You are a cowardly SOB , you just shot a unarmed man"
Clint Eastwood: "He should have armed himself"
- The Unforgiven

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd