Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 09-23-2020, 03:58 AM

Default '65 Catalina Convertible door panels interchange

I am in needs of new door panels for my '65 Catalina convertible. The water shield leaked and rusted out the iron frame in the panel. I have since replaced the shield with a Mylar one. The usual interior suppliers do not make base Catalina door panels. My panels have the wide reflective strip across the top. I can get them from SMS in Oregon but i have heard bad things about them, like price, fit, and long delivery times. I feel my best bet is to find a used set. To expand the donors cars i can look for, what body style panels interchange with a convertible. I think a hardtop might work? What else?
Another question is how are the foam washers supposed to be mount around the window crank and door handle? Does it go inside the water shield or between the water shield and the door card.? Which end of the spring pushes against the washer, the big end or the little end?

Thanks

Old 09-23-2020, 06:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hardtop is the same

Old 10-11-2020, 12:04 PM

Can you send me a pic? Are the 66 Conv the same?