Old 01-19-2004, 08:36 AM

I just bought a 67 4 door. I cant tell what motor it has in it. Does anyone know how to tell difference between the 400 and 428, or was there a std motor for the 4 door.Also how do you turn on the heater fan? Thanks,Troy

Old 01-19-2004, 08:36 AM

I just bought a 67 4 door. I cant tell what motor it has in it. Does anyone know how to tell difference between the 400 and 428, or was there a std motor for the 4 door.Also how do you turn on the heater fan? Thanks,Troy

Old 01-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Standard engine is a 400 2-bbl
If it was a 428 the car will have some badging on it.
In the grill and on the Fan guard.

Usually I'm found working on my Pontiac. If you want to find me Look for the white picket fence and all the old Pontiacs parked outside. And the half dissembled engine sprawled all over the driveway!

Old 01-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not necessarily, I have a 69 with no indication of what engine is in place! Nothing!!! Lucky for me it's a 428 HO. We always say that the two letter code on the front of the block, right below the head on the passinger side is best... But that doesn't mean the engine is correct for your car. Just putting in my 3 cents worth.....

RDRR Custom Fabrications

....A fictitious company doing fictitious work....

Old 01-31-2004, 12:18 PM

I have a 67 4 door catalina with a 400 2bbl carb abd that seems standard as I also had a 2 door hardtop with the same. Check to see if there are any letters or numbers on the right front of the engine. As for the fan for the heater it is activated by the blower switch on the right of the dial up heat knob. If it isn't working check the fuse. Sometimes the fuse box(left side under dash near emergency pedal) gets rusty and there is a poor conection. Lastly blower on right side fire wall - check connections. Also may have to be removed as sometimes can fill up with tree debris.

Old 02-03-2004, 08:45 PM

Blackcat is right. The car came with a 400ci 290hp if it has the turbo hydra-matic. If it has a stick shift, its 265hp.

Old 02-13-2004, 01:05 PM

265 or 290hp versions of the 400 - 2 barrel could be had with the auto trans

Never give the devil a ride, he will always want to drive.