Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:43 AM

Default Shaker455 - wonderful experience

I contacted Jeff (Shaker455) last week to rebuild and set up my Holley 650DP. He was very pleasant to communicate with, and had a long discussion with me over the phone to get a better idea of the car, and recommend a setup that will work for my combination. He sounded very knowledgeable both with Holleys and Pontiacs, so I felt comfortable that he will steer me in the right direction. He then asked me to come up to his place so he can get a firsthand look at the car.

I did so last night, and he invited me into his house like we were lifelong friends:) . Very kind and knowledgeable person. He spent time explaining his thought process and methods, and then asked to take a look at the present setup of the car with my spare 600 carb to get an idea and a baseline. Next thing I know, he was tearing into my distributor since the timing was totally off and set it to where it was supposed to be. Since my car is a biotch and hates to be messed with, it fought him the entire time, but he never gave up:p . Then we took the car for a test drive, and what a difference :D I can't wait till he works on my carb, and we dial that in:D

Needless to say, I am very happy and ecstatic with my experience with him. He spent way more time than any family man should spend with a newb like me :) I recommend him to anyone looking for carb work :)

Old 06-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

twov8sandat4 - I had the same experience with Jeff. He is a top notch Pontiac guy and is helpful beyond the call of duty !

Old 06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I say it time and time again,Jeff is the best, hands down.He went thru my carb,then tuned it on the car.He gave it some killer street manners,and the best ET I ever had.

I plan on using Jeffs services for the new engine.

Jeff,do you get involved in dual carb set-ups,like twin Dominators?

Thanks again.

Mark.

Ken French Built Chassis

Carlquist Competition Engines IA2 505
Competition CNC Ported Super Chiefs
CCE Ported Gustram
Twin Dominators from Shaker 455
963 HP

`09 Electra Glide Standard.

`03 F-350 7.3 6-speed 4x4 Crew Cab Dually.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks guy's!

Always good to work with you!

Mark,
I do so let me know what you need when your ready.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I too benefited from Jeff's will to help others. I am lucky enough to have Jeff only about a half hour away.

Done alot for me, tuning, carb rebuild, what to buy, what not to buy and oh yea..fix that... Said it once and I'll say it again "YOU DA MAN".

Dominick

Old 06-22-2008, 11:22 AM

Congrats to Jeff on his newborn baby! A future Pontiac nut for sure!

1970 Judge ra3 4 speed pepper green
Old 06-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jeff is by far, one of the best people/persons to work with. Always pleasant, always willing to offer input and steer one in the right direction and very diligent....at least in my experience with him. Alway willing to go that EXTRA distance to make things the way they should be. After corresponding w/ him on my custom Dominator build, I learned he has a newborn son, Zack...and get this....He was born on Father's Day! What a great Father's Day present! :D
Congratulations Jeff! You deserve it!

Old 06-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats on your new born!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats Jeff.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 06-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Congratulations Jeff!

Give me a call (410.808.4665 Cell) when you get a chance, my heads should be done this week and we should get ready to start building the carb for the DR motor

74 Ventura 462/#13 heads/3350#
10.38 @ 128.89 MPH, N/A, Stock suspension, 275/60 Radial, Street legal, Tagged & Insured
Old 07-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff just repaired a stripped squirter screw thread on my Demon carb, did a great job machining and installing a new insert (helicoil was not an option, had to be slotted between threads for fuel flow), and a quick turnaround time! the Holley and BG tech I talked to had no clue of how to fix it, short of buying a new main body or carb LOL!! thanks Jeff !!!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:16 PM

Congratulation Jeff !

Jeff also did a custom carb for me. I haven't got around to trying it yet but have the utmost confidence that all will be fine. Jeff was great in his planning and suggestions to enable me to have the best performance and reliability in a carb. When the carb was completed he tried it on his car and set it all up for an easy start up for me, plus I have Jeff's technical support just a phone call away.

If you need a carb, look no further, Jeff is the man.

Gene

Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats Jeff!!! Girl or Boy?

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jeff's been a great help to me lately as well. Congrats on the baby, is this your first child? Boy is your outlook on life and whats important in life about to change. For the better of course.