Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA
Default OPG...

Went there yesterday, needed a few minor parts. Two salesmen helping two customers, no one else in the showroom...no greeting, be right with you, NOTHING. Took them 20 minutes to finally help me - no big deal - but the salesman looks at me and says "you need something?" No, I'm a homeless person, saw the store, thought I'd stop in...HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!

I called today, spoke to one of the sales managers and told him "honestly, 7 times out of 10 I will purchase from back East, cause your customer service is horrible." I worked retail long ago @ a very busy Pro Audio store, I understand a salesman being busy...but all it takes is a simple greeting "hi, be right with you..."

Funny thing is - the sales manager told me "we JUST had a meeting about that, I'm so sorry, etc etc." I want to buy from them, cause they are local, but I would rather give my $$$ to our hosts or Ames.

And DO NOT get me started on the "it takes a week to credit back your credit card even when you cancel the order BEFORE it ships..." nonsense...

Old 07-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If anyone or any business has ever been deserving of a customer service alert "sticky" it would be these guys. A perrennial favorite on the list of companies you love to hate. NEVER in 3 or 4 transactions, 1 in person, have I had a favorable interaction with these people...never - either a wrong part shipped, refund issue, customer service debacle, erroneous info, you name it. A fine collection of pompous (and wrongly informed I might add when it comes to anything other than Chevelles) jackasses in one convenient location.

400 + .020, decked to .005
SD Performance 240+CFM 670 heads
RARE HO/RA manifolds
RARE 2.5" Exhaust (18" Magnaflows)
SD "Stump Puller" HR cam (230/236, 112LSA, 107.5 ICL)
PRW stainless 1.52 roller rockers
Forged TRW slugs
SCAT H-Beam forged rods
Old 07-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGreg View Post
If anyone or any business has ever been deserving of a customer service alert "sticky" it would be these guys. A perrennial favorite on the list of companies you love to hate. NEVER in 3 or 4 transactions, 1 in person, have I had a favorable interaction with these people...never - either a wrong part shipped, refund issue, customer service debacle, erroneous info, you name it. A fine collection of pompous (and wrongly informed I might add when it comes to anything other than Chevelles) jackasses in one convenient location.
A most eloquent slamus dunkus.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just had a problem with these guys yesterday, PITA!!!

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 07-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

The sad part is...for me...THEY'RE FRIGGIN' LOCAL!!! They're 10 minutes out of my way to go home, and I get to take Coast Highway from there...but they are a pain in the @ss! Seriously, that guy looks at me with this arrogant attitude and says "you need something?" WTF?!?!?!

If my LeMans wasn't SO CLOSE to being done...I would've walked out of there. I don't want to say NEVER AGAIN...but I will definitely think it out if I want to buy from them...

I almost bought a radiator from them 2 weeks ago and some other stuff, the guy (on the phone) swore up and down the 17" would fit...I looked through my Ames Catalogue and the differences (15"vs17") were clearly explained, mine calls for a 15"...I cancelled the order and it took them 1 week to refund my $$$ back onto my credit card. WTF? You never even shipped the order?!
"Well, it takes accounting dept 4-6 days to process returns."
Oh, because you're so SCARY busy, right?????

Old 07-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Perform a search and read the horror stories.

Even the managers are bxstxards. Seems they dont care of they loose a customer. Amazing.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had the same problem with arrogance from a new england supplier. I think its just the new society we live in where each generation seems to be further detached from the common courtesy and decency we once knew. Just look at the typical Jerry Springer show. That, sadly is our future I fear.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
Perform a search and read the horror stories.

Even the managers are bxstxards. Seems they dont care of they loose a customer. Amazing.
I know, I know...owner of OPG and owner of Classic Industries are brothers, and that's a surprise HOW??? Same or worse service at Classic...it kills me, but they're LOCAL!!! Seriously, unless I absolutely need something ASAP, that is the last time (hopefully) that I buy from them...the times I've ordered from Ames, I've received GREAT service! Their catalogue may not look as flashy, but there's MUCH more info...just the radiator bit is priceless...and I almost told that guy today "you have a HORRIBLE reputation on the PY forums..." but I figured screw 'em, let them figure that out on their own!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Any time you're trying to get Pontiac-specific parts, you're ALWAYS better off NOT using a generic company to supply them. We've seen the same thing from most of the resto houses that supply Chevy parts. Chevy becomes their primary focus and the Pontiac is seen as an "also ran". Ames and PY come through when ever we need them! And their focus is STRICTLY Pontiac.

FWIW

Jim

Old 07-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. P-Body View Post
Ames and PY come through when ever we need them! And their focus is STRICTLY Pontiac.

FWIW

Jim
Agreed...

Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ditto......

4 years and still waiting on my Headliner or a phone call or email from them....LOL.
PY's headliner looks real nice installed in my car!

Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67blackcherry View Post
Went there yesterday, needed a few minor parts. Two salesmen helping two customers, no one else in the showroom...no greeting, be right with you, NOTHING. Took them 20 minutes to finally help me - no big deal - but the salesman looks at me and says "you need something?" No, I'm a homeless person, saw the store, thought I'd stop in...HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!

I called today, spoke to one of the sales managers and told him "honestly, 7 times out of 10 I will purchase from back East, cause your customer service is horrible." I worked retail long ago @ a very busy Pro Audio store, I understand a salesman being busy...but all it takes is a simple greeting "hi, be right with you..."

Funny thing is - the sales manager told me "we JUST had a meeting about that, I'm so sorry, etc etc." I want to buy from them, cause they are local, but I would rather give my $$$ to our hosts or Ames.

And DO NOT get me started on the "it takes a week to credit back your credit card even when you cancel the order BEFORE it ships..." nonsense...
Just by chance....were you there around 12:30? Based on what you posted I can't help but think you were the guy standing next to me. Did you have a note pad and you were trying to buy parts for your '68?

Old 07-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Muscle Cars View Post
Just by chance....were you there around 12:30? Based on what you posted I can't help but think you were the guy standing next to me. Did you have a note pad and you were trying to buy parts for your '68?
No, I was there around 3pm or so...buying parts for my '66...

Old 07-10-2008, 11:49 PM

Well...then someone else also has cause for concern :(

I guess it depeds on who you deal with. Jeff and George at the counter have always been very good to me.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

blackcherry,
I've ordered from Classic Industries back in 2000- no problems with the order, but their prices have risen so noticeably that I'd shop around before using them, local or not. And as far as the poor customer service goes, it's another sign of the times, where we pay more and get less for the money.

Geno

Old 07-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pacific Muscle Cars,

Do you deal strictly with Pontiacs? Or do you mainly build Chevys and do what Pontiacs come your way? Just curious...

Jim

Old 07-12-2008, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Pacific Muscle Cars,

Do you deal strictly with Pontiacs? Or do you mainly build Chevys and do what Pontiacs come your way? Just curious...

Jim

Pontiacs have always been my passion. That holds true for the majority of us. I've owned GTO's since I was old enough to work on them, but too young to drive them (for nearly 20 years). I currently own two GTO's - a 67 400 HO 4-speed and a 66 Tiger Gold 389 Tripower 4-speed. Although I don't know Chevelles with the same level of detail that I know Pontiacs, the parts we sell and the work we do on them just makes good business sense.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Muscle Cars View Post
Pontiacs have always been my passion. That holds true for the majority of us. I've owned GTO's since I was old enough to work on them, but too young to drive them (for nearly 20 years). I currently own two GTO's - a 67 400 HO 4-speed and a 66 Tiger Gold 389 Tripower 4-speed. Although I don't know Chevelles with the same level of detail that I know Pontiacs, the parts we sell and the work we do on them just makes good business sense.
What does your business do?

Old 07-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Didn't answer my question. But that A) you're "in the business" and B) you DO "do" Chevys (we build lots of Chevys here, as "we don't care WHAT color you paint it, we'll build it!"), just MAY be why they treat you better than John Q- Public that walks in off the street, AND has a Pontiac to boot... Not challenging you, just trying to make sense of it. I got similar treatment (bad) from The Paddock in Redlands when I stopped in there while visiting home (Berdoo) a few years back. Some companies just don't understand complete customer service, or they're so arrogant in their "success", they forget what got them there. The irony is that I learned this IN SoCal, before moving to the East Coast.

Jim

Old 07-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Some companies just don't understand complete customer service, or they're so arrogant in their "success", they forget what got them there.
Jim
So true on both statements!!!