Old 01-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Senior Chief

Wink

Picture says it all...

Aside from that maybe send out the 4 core to be recored and play around with a couple carbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winter projects 003.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	230206  

Old 01-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71ModelJ View Post
I have to run up to Maine and cut a left lower quarter out of a good parts car. Gonna put a timing chain in it for now and a good tune up and rebuild carb. Stroker kit in the summer. Enjoy looking at it in the cellar next to my chevelle while watching a Patriot's game.
your kidding, right? rust fee parts in Maine! no way. your susposed to go south not north to get good body parts. ;^)

if i had that kind of set up in the cellar, i'd be sitting in the car while watching the tv.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Meaney View Post
your kidding, right? rust fee parts in Maine! no way. your susposed to go south not north to get good body parts. ;^)

if i had that kind of set up in the cellar, i'd be sitting in the car while watching the tv.
But I did sit in it drank a couple coldies and listened to a whole quarter on my AM radio!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dash bezels are going out for chrome this week (if I can get to Phila after this storm). Trans & rear getting built, strip & prep int floors & inner firewall, strip firewall, cowl areas, door jambs, and trunk. Still undecided whether to paint or powder coat bumper brackets, core support ect. Dave K.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

well, it looks like you guys got some work ahead of you. i'm going to bring this back up this spring too see how everything came out, so no slacking ;^) hope everything works out well for everybody.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Winter is usually used up for swim team....Though we have to bring something special to Norwalk...I do a lot of coaching for the local team, and of course a lot of time is spent running around to practice and meets of course. Did a lot with swimming a s a kid, spent a lot of time in the pool an dthen as soon as I could got local lifeguarding and lessons jobs. in about March things wil pick up a bit more in the garage.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Senior Chief

Arrow other projects

... Oh yeah, forgot to mention roof shoveling as a part time filler, I do have to admit the sledding has been the best I've ever seen! Decided to pull the factory wheel and put it away, in the process of putting together a nice driver Formula wheel thanks to PY.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC04664.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	234445   Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	234446  

Old 02-13-2011, 05:16 PM

Went out to start my 69 the other day and the solenoid fried. Guess I know what's first on the list.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-18-2011, 09:35 PM

We had a 55degree day today. My 71 that I saved from the boneyard fired right up and idled smooth. Took it for a spin and put it back in the outside garage. Gonna put a timing chain in the 400 and get her right on the road. It's gonna be great after the winter from hell!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sweet! Spring is just a day away and its time to drive our GP's!

Grant

Old 03-20-2011, 02:29 PM

Grant I've already been driving mine! Salt was gone after the rains two weeks ago, got her out then.

I'm still smiling every time I get in her!

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

it's finally arived, 7:21 eastern time, spring is here !

the rains have washed the roads and i've been driving one of mine for awhile now.

ordered some tires for it tonight. now i have to decide which wheels to put them on. i had intended to just paint the rally II's, add some black center PMD caps, and get some black center lug nuts. then i got to thinking, instead of selling the honeycombs, why not freshen them up and put them on. haven't had anthing with honeys in a long time. it'll bee a while before the tires get here, so i'll have some time to stew.

Grant has made good stides on his car as posted in his thread (that car just keeps getting sweeter), how has everyone else done?

Old 03-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, so much for spring here... been cold & raining the past few days and rain all this week is the forecast. Soon I hope...

Mike, glad you got her out for a spin... enjoy it!

Matt, the honeys sound like a neat idea!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Had some nice days and ended pulling the body off. Finally put the cart I built to use. Found I have a couple push ups on the floor pan, maybe from the original elderly couple running something over. Luckily no breaks in the metal. Just more things to put on the list.......Dave K.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ssj body shots 108.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	238736   Click image for larger version

Name:	ssj body shots 098.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	238737   Click image for larger version

Name:	ssj body shots 106.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	238739   Click image for larger version

Name:	ssj body shots 105.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	238741  

Old 03-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

WOW Dave!, I wish that I had the facility and talent to do all that! I'm sure you'll have a gem when she's all done. Keep the pics coming...

Grant

Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not much of a facility, and I was sweating bullets when it was between the frame & cart. More sac then talent, my third hand (hoist) doesn't talk back much so I talk to myself mostly.......I have to replace the cart wheels they have dry rotted over the winter! Thanks for compliment.........DK

Old 03-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

well, lets see. 2 car garage, flat open pavement in front, fabricated body cart, lifting apparatus, etc. yup, you have a facility.

it takes alot of dedication to take a car that far apart. keep up the good work.

it's kind of hard too see, but is that your wife in the background on the phone? i can imagine the start of the conversation, "your really not going to believe what he's doing THIS time..." LOL. it's good to have someone around just in case.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Matt & yes she was there in case of a crash landing......exactly what she was thinking!! Pounded out the floor dents, almost finished prepping the under side of trunk area. Paint guy coming out today to take a look and give me a $$. Dave K.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:20 PM

Bought my new Firestone 215/70x14's and jacked it up(that should be the replacement for the G78x14 bias plys, whitewalls too!) Took a real look at everything on car. Everything is date coded and matches. Even the Packard plug wires are orig. Even though I'll replace them.A/C compressor kicks on too! I think this car likes me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0413.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	239310  

Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

trunk underside stripped, scraped out undercaoting from rear wheel wells & moving forward. This part really stinks......gonna strip the frame today/tomorrow! Paint guy is interested in the car, like what I've done so far & thats a plus. I have more to do then he will come back to give me a ball park. DK