WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 1993-02 Firebird/Trans Am Owners > 93-02 Engine Tech

93-02 Engine Tech LT1 and LS1 motor heads unite!

Old 12-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Senior Chief

Default HELP!How Do I remove LS1 Water Pump Pulley?

Is there a tool to remove the water pump pulley on an LS1 Trans Am and another tool to press a pulley back on?They are pressed on.I have a billet pulley I want to install.Thanks for any help.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Senior Chief

I found out to remove pulley you can weld a nut on the end of the pulley and put a bolt in the nut to pull it off the water pump shaft.The only thing I can think of to install new pulley on would be to drill a hole into water pump shaft and tap it to pull the new pulley back on but dont know if you can drill it or how deep to go into shaft.The only other way would be to remove water pump and press the pulley on with a press but Id like to not have to remove the water pump.If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.thanks