Old 10-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 69 TA spotted

Came across a 69 TA at a concours at Ironstone Vineyards in Murphys ,ca. Last weekend. At first I assumed it was a clone but after looking it over it seemed to be the real deal. Nice car. Good restoration. Parchment white std interior( probably pretty rare for a TA), 4sp, console, steel hood, built in Van Nys. 50/50 cowl tag. Stripes painted over the spoiler. Had the firebird emblem on the front fender and the Trans Am sticker below it( I couldn't remember if they had the cast emblem or not). Arrowhead on the front bumper.
The owner said he bought it at the BJ auction in Vegas 4 years ago. Anybody remember this one?

69 Firebird-462/Edel round ports/currently running the Holley Sniper/4sp/3.23posi/Deluxe Int/pwr st/vintage air/4wl disc( a work in progress-always )

http://youtu.be/eaWBd3M9MN4
Old 10-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Senior Chief

Do 69 trans am have the Firebird emblems on the front fenders? I

Old 10-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dont think so for production.The early ads for them had both.Mine for sure did not and have never seen a real car in person with them.The car does look legit except for that unless it was a early engineering car?Tom

Old 10-04-2019, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepr View Post
Do 69 trans am have the Firebird emblems on the front fenders? I
Absolutely not

Old 10-05-2019, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't think so either. Whoever did the restoration was covering all the bases. I looked at the BJ page about the sale. It went for $99K, + the auction percentage, in 2016.
So they painted over the cowl tag when they painted the firewall at the factory, correct? This one in particular had been cleaned and was shiny. Looked odd to me.

69 Firebird-462/Edel round ports/currently running the Holley Sniper/4sp/3.23posi/Deluxe Int/pwr st/vintage air/4wl disc( a work in progress-always )

http://youtu.be/eaWBd3M9MN4
Old 10-06-2019, 11:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The original fenders on my T/A have never been painted,one was drilled and filled from the factory the other was never drilled. Both sides only had decals. The drilled holes had brass or something like silicon bronze in them and then metal finished.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebob View Post
Came across a 69 TA at a concours at Ironstone Vineyards in Murphys ,ca. Last weekend. At first I assumed it was a clone but after looking it over it seemed to be the real deal. Nice car. Good restoration. Parchment white std interior( probably pretty rare for a TA), 4sp, console, steel hood, built in Van Nys. 50/50 cowl tag. Stripes painted over the spoiler. Had the firebird emblem on the front fender and the Trans Am sticker below it( I couldn't remember if they had the cast emblem or not). Arrowhead on the front bumper.
The owner said he bought it at the BJ auction in Vegas 4 years ago. Anybody remember this one?
They did not, Ive done a ton of research over the 30 years I have owned my TA.