Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 06-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Administrator

We're trying a bunch of new things this year to alleviate the long lines for food. One of the changes we are offering this year is food delivery.

The kids from the Souderton HS basketball team, who cook and server the Hatfield meats pork products (baby back ribs, hotdogs, pepper/onion sausage sandwiches, rib patty sandwiches, pulled pork sandwiches, drinks, etc...), will be walking the show fields and taking food orders. You'll be able to place an order with them and have them deliver your order 10 minutes later, right to your car spaces. All at no additonal cost.
No standing in line. No carrying an arm-load of food. Heck, you don't even have to leave your chair if you don't want to.

Just look for the tall kids wearing Souderton HS basketball shirts carrying trays of food when lunch time rolls around.

Steve

Old 06-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_fan View Post
FYI
We did extend pre-registration another week. But June 9th will definitely be the last day for pre-registration. If you haven't pre-registered by then you will need to wait in line for registration on Saturday morning.

Steve
I pre registered already, but wonder why those who dont cant just pay at the gate, then park in their class. Once parked go register? This is the process I go through at a lot of local shows I go to.
Thanks,
Gary

Old 06-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryK View Post
I pre registered already, but wonder why those who dont cant just pay at the gate, then park in their class. Once parked go register? This is the process I go through at a lot of local shows I go to.
Thanks,
Gary
I'll bring that up during the meeting for the registration tables. Maybe that will makes the lines move quicker.
The only draw back I can personally see, is if a guy with a 66 GTO might pay and then park in the 1966-67 GTO section. Then when he goes to register, he discovers his class should be 1966-67 GTO Mod. Now he's got to move his car. Plus he might leave a hole in the 66-67 GTO line that should be filled.
Do the shows that use the procedure you suggested have designated areas for each class?

Steve

Old 06-07-2013, 05:33 PM

Default Apologies in advance...

This may have been covered, here or somewhere, but I have never attended this event and was wondering if both Friday and Saturday are the same event?

Both days are a car show?

From what time to what time?

All marquees or just Pontiacs?

1969 GTO Convertible
1970 Torino GT 429/SCJ
1968 Corvette 427/435hp
1998 Corvette Pace Car
2015 Challenger FF R/T Classic
Old 06-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMESQ View Post
This may have been covered, here or somewhere, but I have never attended this event and was wondering if both Friday and Saturday are the same event?

Both days are a car show?

From what time to what time?

All marquees or just Pontiacs?
Friday is a cruise-in and cruise.

The 3 Car shows (All Pontiac show, All Mustang show, Musclecar & Truck show) are on Saturday. The All Pontiac show is by far the biggest of the 3 shows.

There is also an All Pontiac Race Day at Maple Grove Raceway on Sunday.

All marquees are welcome. Antiques, Classics or New are also welcome.

All of the details (times and features) are listed on this event page: http://performanceyears.com/openhouse.asp

Post if you have more questions.

Steve

Old 06-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
I'll bring that up during the meeting for the registration tables. Maybe that will makes the lines move quicker.
The only draw back I can personally see, is if a guy with a 66 GTO might pay and then park in the 1966-67 GTO section. Then when he goes to register, he discovers his class should be 1966-67 GTO Mod. Now he's got to move his car. Plus he might leave a hole in the 66-67 GTO line that should be filled.
Do the shows that use the procedure you suggested have designated areas for each class?

Steve
Steve Many shows will have you pay then as you enter the show field, parkers will assist you to the correct class, you park then go to the registration table to get your packet or goodybag. Many have 2 lines at the table: one pre-registered with prepared packets etc with names on them and one day of.

2 lines forming entering the show field too, one pre-reg where a list of names are on a paper and are checked off, the other is where the folks pay. This will expedite a long line of folks entering the show.

Vic

Old 06-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Administrator

This year, We've had some really generous people donate some impressive items for out door prize giveaway.
Because of all this overwhelming generocity, we're switching up the door prize/raffle tickets a little bit.
This year, EVERYONE WINS. Everyone who registers a car, gets a prize.

Some of the prizes on the list are:
A mounted Hurst Shifter (Base is signed by Bill Campbell), Thanks to Dennis Kirban of Kirban Performance
Several additional Hurst products, also Thanks to Dennis Kirban of Kirban Performance
Trading cards signed by Carroll Shelby
Boxes of trading cards
Free passes for Back to the 50's weekend (June 28-30)
Gift certificates from PUI
Gift certificates from ACC
Gift certificates from REM
Gift certificates from Performance Years
Gift certificates from Pypes Exhaust
Gift certificates from The Pub (Bar & Restaurant right next to the show field)
plus a dazzling array of shirts, hats, keychains, stickers and other great prizes

There's no need to listen for the band to call your number. There's no "winning number" board to check and double check all day long.
Everything had been streamlines so all you have to do is decide what you want to take home with you.

Here's a hint of what is to come:

I hope everyone has fun with this new format and gets to take home something they'll enjoy.

Steve

Last edited by dm_fan; 06-10-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
Steve Many shows will have you pay then as you enter the show field, parkers will assist you to the correct class, you park then go to the registration table to get your packet or goodybag. Many have 2 lines at the table: one pre-registered with prepared packets etc with names on them and one day of.

2 lines forming entering the show field too, one pre-reg where a list of names are on a paper and are checked off, the other is where the folks pay. This will expedite a long line of folks entering the show.

Vic
Steve, to add to what Vic stated, as you enter the show you are asked questions about modifications and then told what class you are in. I have chrome wheels on my car so I was thrown in semi modified.
Gary

Old 06-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post

Vic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryK View Post
Steve, to add to what Vic stated, as you enter the show you are asked questions about modifications and then told what class you are in. I have chrome wheels on my car so I was thrown in semi modified.
Gary
Thanks guys
I'll pass your comments along to the registration crew.
Any other suggestions we should consider that might make things go smoother?

Steve

Old 06-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to 1967Tempest

Quote:
Thanks guys
I'll pass your comments along to the registration crew.
Any other suggestions we should consider that might make things go smoother?

Steve
I will be most likely there at the booth. I will take complaints!! as well as your registration...

More clipboards and pens. That way you can fill out the paperwork THEN get in line. Not glogging up the table by standing there. Or fill it out in line. Either way, more people who are not pre-registered filling out paperwork faster by using said pens.

P.S. If you are preregistered, there was a separate line for both you at the table and your car. Last year if you were pre-registered, you were in line all of 30 seconds to 1 minute.

The Burb Files
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 PM

Default Thanks...

Quote:
Post if you have more questions.Steve
So the show is 10 to 4 on Sat...are all 3 shows at the same location so you can check all 3 out?

1969 GTO Convertible
1970 Torino GT 429/SCJ
1968 Corvette 427/435hp
1998 Corvette Pace Car
Old 06-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So the show is 10 to 4 on Sat...are all 3 shows at the same location so you can check all 3 out?
YUP!! That is the cool part. If you have never been to the PY warehouse, the area that surrounds it is enormous! You will not be disappointed with the registration fee!

The Burb Files
Old 06-08-2013, 07:14 AM

Default Cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Tempest View Post
YUP!! That is the cool part. If you have never been to the PY warehouse, the area that surrounds it is enormous! You will not be disappointed with the registration fee!
I am looking forward to it...you driving down from No. Jersey? I would love to drive down with other cars headed to PY...

1969 GTO Convertible
1970 Torino GT 429/SCJ
1968 Corvette 427/435hp
1998 Corvette Pace Car
Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I am looking forward to it...you driving down from No. Jersey? I would love to drive down with other cars headed to PY...

If you give me your email address, we can work something out. Our club has a group leaving on Friday afternoon, and I am leaving ACOD on Saturday morning, as I am going to help set-up and run registration.

I am taking the following route, (best in my opinion from Jersey), more than happy to caravan down if you wanna meet.

http://goo.gl/maps/jPm49 The first route that is 77 miles.

Dave

The Burb Files
Old 06-08-2013, 08:47 AM

Anybody coming from the reading/ Allentown area traveling on 422? Would be cool to cruise with some other cars.

Last edited by Golden 66; 06-08-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Registered, thanks Steve.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden 66 View Post
Anybody coming from the reading/ Allentown area traveling on 422? Would be cool to cruise with some other cars.
There are several SVGTO Members leaving the Lancaster area at noon that Friday. We may be meeting up with some at the Reading TP Interchange. This is yet to be determined. We cruise the TP at a comfortable pace. Anyone wanting to cruise with us is more than welcome.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:59 PM

Default Right off NJ Tnpke Exit 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Tempest View Post
If you give me your email address, we can work something out. Dave
67 Miles and 1 h 15 min according to GPS...straight down turnpike to Exit 6 PA extension anyone else taking this route Sat am?

1969 GTO Convertible
1970 Torino GT 429/SCJ
1968 Corvette 427/435hp
1998 Corvette Pace Car
Old 06-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Finally registered, thanks for extending the deadline!

Old 06-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
67 Miles and 1 h 15 min according to GPS...straight down turnpike to Exit 6 PA extension anyone else taking this route Sat am?
LOL!!! By the time we meet, we could have been there!!!

The Burb Files