Old 03-25-2020, 08:29 PM

Default Out of balance front skinnies

Just got some 4 inch wide sander wheels and 28 inch M/T sportsman front tires.went to static balance and its 6 ozs off.I'm only adding stick-on weights to the inside of these wheels.anybody have any experience with the bag of beads for balancing a tire like this.seen it in semi tires but not the situation that I have.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We've experienced the same need for 6-7 ounces. Stay with conventional balancing with the stick-on weights.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 03-26-2020, 07:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oethel View Post
Just got some 4 inch wide sander wheels and 28 inch M/T sportsman front tires.went to static balance and its 6 ozs off.I'm only adding stick-on weights to the inside of these wheels.anybody have any experience with the bag of beads for balancing a tire like this.seen it in semi tires but not the situation that I have.

No direct experience with your situation but I do use Dynabeads and am happy with them.

Have you tried breaking the tire down & moving it a half turn on the rim? Sometimes it helps if the out of balance of tire and wheel are “stacking up”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Following User Says Thank You to Murf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 08:29 AM
Suspended

M/T Sportsman front runners are (IMO) junk. Always take a lot of weight, are a very hard rubber tire and they dryrot between the tread quick. The M/T Sportsman Radials are way overpriced. Find something else. I run a 165R15 radial without an issue.

Old 03-26-2020, 03:45 PM

That is waaay too much weight. Either the tires have been stored/stacked incorrectly or the wheels may be buckled/kinked. I’d check dynamic balance to see how true the wheels run. Turning the tire on the rim may reduce the weight required but 16oz is huge. Sometimes we spin the wheel on the balancer without the tire to narrow down the problem. Hope this helps.

Old 03-26-2020, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrudge View Post
That is waaay too much weight. Either the tires have been stored/stacked incorrectly or the wheels may be buckled/kinked. I’d check dynamic balance to see how true the wheels run. Turning the tire on the rim may reduce the weight required but 16oz is huge. Sometimes we spin the wheel on the balancer without the tire to narrow down the problem. Hope this helps.

I believe he said 6 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 03-26-2020, 05:46 PM

����*♂️D’oh! 6oz is still a heap though. A BFG All Terrain will take that much and they’re notoriously hard to balance.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My moroso dragway specials took that much static balanced , but a 7.10 15 almost 28". That was on brand new wheels also. Really disapointed for what they cost. Ive had them in 2 or 3 spots and no better. There is a vertical runout, not side to side.

6.27@107
9.97@131
Old 03-29-2020, 08:34 PM

Find a shop that has a balancer capable of “match” balancing. It essentially finds the perfect spot for the tire to be mounted and you’ll be surprised, that 6oz will drop Significantly. Just thought I’d mention it.