Old 10-03-2020, 02:09 AM
Senior Chief

Default Turn Signal Indicator

Here is a new one on me. My switch is new, all the outside lights work like they should but the dash turn signal light/indicator only lights up (and blinks) for a right turn.
The left side works but no indication. The only thing I can assume is the switch is bad for the left.

Anyone else have this type of situation?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wirediagram.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	550789  

Old 10-03-2020, 12:55 PM
Senior Chief

Solved! After I wrote this post I was thinking about it, I had installed some small LED lights for the instrument lighting. I "thought" I put a regular bulb in that location as a LED (diode) will only work one way. I didn't, it had a LED in that socket. What a PAIN in the : it is to remove and replace that one little bulb. It might be the hardest one to get to...

Old 10-04-2020, 12:47 AM
Senior Chief

Good catch! With a shared single bulb for left and right, the current has to be able to flow in both directions, which you obviously know.

1963 Tempest Convertible (195-1bbl, 3-speed transaxle. 428 RAIV, 5-speed, IRS planned) Pictures