Old 10-01-2020, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I mention it any time I see the question of which interior mentioned. They burnt me pretty good even after they promised to fix it. I'd really hate to see anyone else go though that. It was a lot of work to recover those seats 2 and 3 times, and a lot of overtime at work to pay for all of it. Frustrating at best. Anyone else i can save that frustration, I'm glad to share.

Old 10-01-2020, 01:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I highly recommend having Legendary do the work of putting the covers on your seats with new buns. They are the manufacturer and if they have an issue they have the means to make it right. They are nice people and close to Rochester NY.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:37 PM
Senior Chief

Smile

So Legendary upholstery is unattainable for 6 to 8 months due to Covid.. So last weekend I drove up to NPD and did some homework. I compared items they had in stock from both Legendary and PUI, door panels, seat upholstery, arm rest etc. They had arm rest from both companies in stock in the correct 66 metallic red. The colors were nearly identical. They had door panels of different colors from both companies and the Legendary panels were slightly nicer, but I was really picking nits. The biggest differences I noticed was the top edge of the carpet wasn't cut as cleanly (the chrome trim would cover this) and the holes for the window crank and door handles were not cut in the vinyl, although there were knockouts on the back sides. The vinyl was only slightly different in texture and the pleating was very close too. I was also able to compare two sets of black bucket seat upholstery. The biggest difference I noticed was the PUI was much more glossy. I obviously can't speak on installing issues or lack of, but they both appeared to be constructed well, and their pleating seemed to be very close to each other as well. I will say the PUI gloss did have a cheaper less luxurious look to it, but honestly may have been more correct??.. They did not have an upholstery set in the either color Red for a 66, but did for a 65. The 65 cover looked beautiful in my opinion, both in color and construction, and was very close to the sample from Legendary and both arm rest. After about an hour and a half of asking to see different products (John at NPD Michigan is the man!) I decided to order both color reds (NPD had stock in their Florida location) and see which I liked better.. Easier said than done!!! At first glance I really like the non correct solid red, which I believe is the 67 color. Then the purist in me makes me like the metallic red a bit more. I compared the pleating to the original covers and both seem respectable. I noticed that the solid red has more of a glossy sheen to it and there's a difference to how they are constructed internally. The Metallic covers are dated June of 2012, I don't see any date on the others, should I be concerned that they are already 8 years old?? Or in the difference in their construction?? Any input or advice is greatly welcomed.. To me it does look like PUI has picked up their quality as far as the pleats and construction are concerned. I wish Legendary wasn't so far out, or I wasn't so in love with the idea of Red interior, NPD has both Legendary black and parchment in stock at the moment.. sorry this was so long winded, hope everyone is doing well 🙂

Johnny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201107_151503.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	553234   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201107_151746.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	553235   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201107_151820.jpg