THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds as though things are fairly speedy down there, Not so much in Canada. I'm not eligible for 1st shot till Aug. 59 years young.
They are rolling out by age and Occupation. Health care workers etc. Sounds as though most of Canada's vaccine is coming from Pfizer
and madurna?

Old 01-24-2021, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The problem with discussions related to Covid is that sooner or later political and misinformation posts start creeping in, and then the moderators and administrators have to delete them...please stay within the rules for the Lobby.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My wife has had both doses with no side effects other than the slight soreness in her arm. She works at the local hospital. I got my first dose last week and only had a sore arm for about a day. Get my second dose on 02/04. In Georgia the age is 65 and over, I am 70.

Old 01-25-2021, 07:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My wife got her 1st shot and her arm was sore and she could hardly move it. Lasted for about a week. She got her 2nd shot a couple days ago. They told her that the 2nd may be worse than the 1st. She had a sore arm but can still move it. Seems to be doing fine now.

I got mine and didn't even notice it. If you touched the area it had some ache to it. Lasted a day. My 2nd shot will be Feb-2.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-25-2021, 12:14 PM

I will say this, free of political bias...

As a fifty year old male who is hoping like hell to hold on to my last little bit of common sense (I question myself every day), I find it reckless to go out, get a needle, and report to the general public in this particular manner:

"This vaccine is perfectly safe. All I experienced was a sore arm for a day and now I am golden!"

That kind of statement, to me, is just not very forward thinking. Any needle will give you a sore arm for a day. That doesn't mean you are clear. Of Covid, or anything else...

What will happen in six months? Or a year?

It is one thing to have the shiniest fenders at your first car show. It's another thing to have that shiny paint stay on the fenders for many years. Only time will tell.

If you think I am anti-vaccine, I am not. I am just very concerned with the message.

I am a father of two young boys; seven and twelve. I encourage them every day to be, and remain, free thinkers.

Last edited by propuckstopper; 01-25-2021 at 01:14 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to propuckstopper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
That doesn't mean you are clear. Of Covid, or anything else...

I'd say I would be 'more' clear of covid or anything else than you are?
Especially if you are not protecting yourself with mask and distance.
My wife deals with ignorant people every day and I for one was very happy she got the vaccine. She has a lot of the comorbidities that would not be good for her and the virus.

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-25-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
I'd say I would be 'more' clear of covid or anything else than you are?
Especially if you are not protecting yourself with mask and distance.
My wife deals with ignorant people every day and I for one was very happy she got the vaccine. She has a lot of the comorbidities that would not be good for her and the virus.

Ignorant? Me?

Thanks for that.

I'll just shake my finger at myself...

Last edited by propuckstopper; 01-25-2021 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I never said you were ignorant?

Unless you are a customer of my wife's store, I wouldn't know if you are?

I can say what I said were facts and not opinions or believes.
I would also say what most here posted about getting their shots were also facts and not opinions or believe.

Old 01-25-2021, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My significant other put it on full bore last night on anti-vac, calling me ignorant for wanting to get the shot(s). She was against the mask thing last year and reluctantly agreed to wear one after many bad discussions, and a state mandate. I pity anyone that also has this kind of discord in their own home. I give up on my situation. I wasn't even telling her she should get one.

Old 01-25-2021, 04:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm honestly curious as to why some people are anti-vac? Conspiracy theorists? Non-trusting of the government? Still view the FDA as during the thalidomide days?

Even though the vaccines are fast-tracked, they still have to meet/exceed the same safety and efficacy requirements. I say this being in the clinical research industry.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Closed Thread