THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:56 PM

Thumbs up

That's one clean looking Bonneville , Andreas.
Well wurth the price .

Have a great time with that beauty.

Greetz , Bob.

Old 01-04-2021, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Well, I love A-bodies but it would be hard to walk away from that one. Looks to be in excellent condition and honestly, they are just so much 'more car' than the A bodies.
That one is a beauty! Too bad it's not a two door.
I just realized that my quote above made it look like I was knocking the car for being a four-door... I am not, that thing is beautiful! Especially being a four-door hardtop. Nothing like cruising a four-door hardtop with all the windows down and that one there is gorgeous.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Old 01-04-2021, 11:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is one gorgeous Bonneville.

May I suggest you get and install a Pontiac HEI distributor. Only because you'll have far less problems with it and never need to keep adjusting points again. But do keep the points distributor and carry it with you in the trunk for "just in case" problems. Get a spare HEI module too. I did that with my 66 GTO 6 years ago and have never looked back wondered why I did that swap.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:13 AM

Guys,

last weekend I took the Bonne home. It was an awsome drive. The car runs so smooth. The 100 miles back home ended way too fast.
Unfortunately the weather was not really good but at least w/o rain.
I am really happy to own this car.
What I think is needed this year is an electrical vent for the cooler and also a transmission cooler. This is to be on the safe side.
The HEI was already installed during the motor revision.

Once the weather is better I will make some more pics.

Have a great day

Andreas

Old 01-13-2021, 12:28 PM

Nice looking car looks to be well taken care of. Love the color. Don't expect to run anyone down on the autobahn with the 326/auto though.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65CatCoupe View Post
Nice looking car looks to be well taken care of. Love the color. Don't expect to run anyone down on the autobahn with the 326/auto though.
If I read the story on the big Cat correctly, she's running a 400 engine, not a 326.
That should do the job just fine on the open road : )

Old 01-14-2021, 02:44 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Andreas- I'm envious of you driving that gorgeous Bonneville. Since the fifties I've thought that four-door hardtops were not appreciated- I always liked them, even the wagons.
We have one thing in common (besides Pontiacs). I drove two laps of the 'Ring. It was back in 1967 (track was still the original 27 km). Didn't have a 'Vette, just my '57 Chevy wagon with Tri-Power Pontiac engine. I was totally exhausted after wrenching 4,200 pounds through about 300 turns without power steering (but with the quicker-ratio power steering pitman & idler arms). I'm sure your laps were much quicker than mine (16 & 15 minutes ).

Old 01-21-2021, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qman View Post
Dear Guys,

thanks for all the helpful advices!
My buddy and me had a look to the gold Lemans. Unfortunately it was not what I expected. Frame and body were realy good w/o an serious rost. Body mounts were "ok".
Things I didn't like was the gearbox was very oily with drops of red oil.
Passenger rear brake cylinder was wet
All 4 tires need to be changed
Test drive: hard shifting of gears
Motor was very powerless. I know its an old one but 290 HP should work with more enthusiasm.
The seller wanted to have min. 38k.
As well the owner was not really burning for his car if you know what I mean. It was dirty and he said he never cleans his car underbody for the oil...
So, not my car.

On the way back home my buddy found an interesting Bonneville 1967 just a side step from our way.
I mean I wanted a convertible but as this also a cool car I gave it a chance.
2h later we were stadning in front of a garge and the owner opened it. Something really huge was covered by a green cover. After he took the cover of I was really surprised how beatiful this car is!
Car was imported 2017 from a collector in Georgia.
New paint in US 5 years ago looking very good!
Interieur, dashboard, door panels in very good contions (except the arm rest driver side).
All tires new in 2017. Motor (6.6L) and TH400 complete revised (matching number). Not a single leakage. A/C is working.
No rust. The car drove perfectly. Way better than the Lemans. Instant throttle response and very smooth shifting!
So finally I bought the car.

Here are some pics:

I paid 34k USD incl. a new technical revision what is called TÜV in Germany and has to be done every 2 years. An independent auditor checks the whole car for serious rust, oil leakage, breaks, lights... everything that is needed for safe driving.

Once I have it home I will post some more pics.
...Can't wait for it...

Bye Andreas
PS, I hope my english is ok and does not cause too much "pain"
Cool Car - Roger Bolliger from Switzerland owns one of the best Classic Pontiac Collections in Europe - all Pontiac powered - he also races a 71 T/A 496 ci. Butler Pontiac V8 700 HP - Wins many Races vs Porsche - Ferrari etc. 2020 Historic Cup Champion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1RB14492428_1131357310277420_7719868724579754128_n.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	558979   Click image for larger version

Name:	1rb12039283_900249193388234_3501235903686953113_n.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	558981   Click image for larger version

Name:	1RB125925479_3490760364337091_1068946253282891748_o.jpg
Views:	29