Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Goat View Post
Yeah, everybody knows the Nova subframes are much tougher than the Venturas. Geez, don't be so defensive. If everyone was being honest, the 454 would probably have been easier to get more HP and less expensive. Stoneburg speaks the truth, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a BBC Nova.
I wasn't being defencive at all. More like a smart a$$. Wareagle's statement that a 396 was to blame for the frame getting bent was kind of lame. Stock frames twist whenever you put a lot of HP to the ground. That's not the motors fault It's the driver or builder. I will Beef up the frame on my 68 bird because I plan to build the motor over 600 hp. If I was just going to rebuild the motor stock then I wouldn't bother with the extra work. Unlike some people here I think you can do anything you want with YOUR car. If he wants to put a chevy, ford or even a dodge motor in there it's OK with me.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Goat View Post
Yeah, everybody knows the Nova subframes are much tougher than the Venturas. Geez, don't be so defensive. If everyone was being honest, the 454 would probably have been easier to get more HP and less expensive. Stoneburg speaks the truth, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a BBC Nova.
Good one--talked to the fellow that owned the 74 GTO--Was mint when he sold it to get a bigger family car . He said when he saw what the guy did to the GTO He almost cried--what a shame-- ( his words ).

Old 12-28-2008, 11:01 AM

I stuffed a 454 in my 71 Ventura. Camaro motor mounts is all I needed with the stock Oil pan. It is closer to the firewall, but still fits.

"There is no replacement for Displacement"