Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:46 PM

Default 67 Catalina/GP/Exe Wagon Break LInes

I really like buying part from you guys but you should stop OEM Inline Tubes 67 Catalina or Bonneville Long front to rear break lines. Ordering through you guys twice and both are 3 inches too long. Too long at the end where it fits into the proportioning valve. Called Inline Tube, they state they are using factory specs....well they aren't. everything matches up until the section it fits into the value. I don't want to bend the piece to make it fit because it will not look show original or show quality. I am willing to send you my old one as an original template. Very frustration and still without.

1967 Executive Wagon (Plum Mist), Org. paint, Org 35K miles
1981 Bonneville Brougham Coupe (Black) Moonroof, Org. 11K miles
Old 10-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by compsur View Post
I really like buying part from you guys but you should stop OEM Inline Tubes 67 Catalina or Bonneville Long front to rear break lines. Ordering through you guys twice and both are 3 inches too long. Too long at the end where it fits into the proportioning valve. Called Inline Tube, they state they are using factory specs....well they aren't. everything matches up until the section it fits into the value. I don't want to bend the piece to make it fit because it will not look show original or show quality. I am willing to send you my old one as an original template. Very frustration and still without.
Manufacturers will almost always put small shipping bends in their lines in order to compact the shipment. Did Inline tube mention anything about this? If you have already crossed this bridge and nothing came of it, please give us a call at the shop or email me (kyler@amesperf.com) and we can look into this for you.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMES-TECH View Post
Manufacturers will almost always put small shipping bends in their lines in order to compact the shipment. Did Inline tube mention anything about this? If you have already crossed this bridge and nothing came of it, please give us a call at the shop or email me (kyler@amesperf.com) and we can look into this for you.
HI Kyle, yes i understand they do this but the piece is still 3 inches too long and doesn't match the piece taken out though In line Tube states they use factory specs. All is good but when its start bending up from the frame to the proportioning valve, one has to massively bend it to fit and measuring, it is 3 inches too long. To be fair i pursed the complete kit and the 2 curved pieces that snake down from the Master cylinder to the proportioning value fit but aren't exactly like the original too. Ok i can live with that one but not the front to rear piece that i am fighting. I can vouch on the as i have 3 67's so i aves more than one template to work from. i have send you some pictures for your reference.

1967 Executive Wagon (Plum Mist), Org. paint, Org 35K miles
1981 Bonneville Brougham Coupe (Black) Moonroof, Org. 11K miles