Old 04-20-2020, 12:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Anyone here running an Edelbrock Carb?

The AFB on my 62 GP 389 is pretty rough, I'm curious if anyone here has had success with an Edelbrock carb and how the linkage hook up etc went. Thanks Jim

Old 04-20-2020, 08:51 AM
Suspended

Vic Edelbrock Jr. (RIP) bought the rights to the Carter/Weber AFB. So for all intents and purposes, they are basically the same. Now, you may have to do some mods to hook up your throttle and kick-down linkage, as well as fuel line but the carbs themselves are a nice product.

What is so "rough" about your original? Unless it looks like a pile of white powder, why not just rebuild it? My '62 GP had its original carb and after I rebuilt it, it worked fine.

Last edited by Chief of the 60's; 04-20-2020 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There is lots of info on this site about the E AFBs.Out of the box they dont work as good as the factory pontiac AFBs.I have found they race better than they street drive.Get your rebuilt by a reputable shop and you will thank yourself.Tom

Old 04-20-2020, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks guys. I’m going to go through the AFB. The car sat with no air filter for years and it is pretty bad. I bought a rebuild kit, I’ve rebuilt Quadfrajets and I’m familiar with Holleys but my eyesight is getting bad.

Old 04-20-2020, 11:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My 1964 GP came with an Edelbrock carb and I got an original AFB and replaced it. Wasn't a bad carb but didn't fit right or run quite right either. Much happier with the correct one.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

E carb fuel inlets on wrong side. My AFB was insect condo. I just found a good core to rebuild. Alls good