Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 04-23-2020, 10:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Help to ID this Pontiac trim?

I need some help to ID a couple chrome pieces. I am pretty sure they are Pontiac pieces, but I don't know what they are. They appear to be LH and RH pieces. Part numbers are 9829788 and 9829789.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0718.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	538250  

Old 04-23-2020, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The part numbers don't show up in the PY online parts database, but it isn't necessarily 100% so they could still be Pontiac. You may want to mention their size, or post a picture with a ruler next to them.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:04 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The reason I assumed they were Pontiac is that, when I search my online source, the number shows up on a long list of discontinued Pontiac part numbers.

I'll try to measure them later. To give you a general idea of size, they are laying on the bottom drawer from a '70s Snap On tool cabinet.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Justin, the molding is stainless? From your 2 pics, I can't tell if the top of the molding curves/ like a "bead". Beaded edge stainless trim typically butt up against a vinyl covered thin cardboard panel.
9829xxx start showing up for 70 & 71 parts. Interestingly enough, 7829790/1 are rear power window regulators for '70-72 Pontiac A-body 2 drs.

In looking at a '77 dated Pontiac parts change notice book & my 3/72 Pontiac Master Parts book I don't see either number, though from the length I would expect both parts to attach, possibly inside on the rear window area. How long are these pieces?

That noted:
-not 2nd Gen Bird,
-I'm a 71-72 Pontiac A-body guy & don't recognize 'em.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Justin, the molding is stainless? From your 2 pics, I can't tell if the top of the molding curves/ like a "bead". Beaded edge stainless trim typically butt up against a vinyl covered thin cardboard panel.
9829xxx start showing up for 70 & 71 parts. Interestingly enough, 7829790/1 are rear power window regulators for '70-72 Pontiac A-body 2 drs.

In looking at a '77 dated Pontiac parts change notice book & my 3/72 Pontiac Master Parts book I don't see either number, though from the length I would expect both parts to attach, possibly inside on the rear window area. How long are these pieces?

That noted:
-not 2nd Gen Bird,
-I'm a 71-72 Pontiac A-body guy & don't recognize 'em.
Sorry the picture kind of sucks. There is a tiny bit of overspray on one of them so it would be something at least partially outside(possibly drip molding?). It does have a slight curve toward the ends, but it is pretty minimal. The thing that threw me off a bit is that they are a cast chrome part rather than stainless or aluminum.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:15 PM
Suspended

Looks like early 70's Eldo window trim, like sash or belt.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
Looks like early 70's Eldo window trim, like sash or belt.
You may be right. I wonder why I'm having such a time finding the part number anywhere. Are Cadillac part numbers some closely guarded secret? I usually have very good luck with GM numbers.