Old 05-28-2020, 12:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default NGK Plug

Good day everyone... Does anyone know if a NGK Spark Plug exists that is the same as the NGK R5673-8, but in a Resitor plug? They are for 6X heads, and need to be 5/8" wrench, .460" reach, tapered seat, perferably "Non-Projected" tip. The engine is a 461 with a single SXE480 billet turbo making maybe 800+hp with 10-15 lbs of boost. 100% street car on pump gas. I will be running the Holley XFlow 1375 EFI, and it recommends "Resistor" plugs to keep RFI problems in check. I think the heat range of the R5673-8 would work great for me, but I need it to be a "Resitor" plug. Anybody have a recommendation for a part number? Thank You

Old 05-28-2020, 02:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

ok, after more research, I'm actually starting to lean more towards a "projected tip" plug for this application, since it is street driven. I have came to that conclusion after reading a comment over on one of the turbo forums, where a NGK Tech had responded and explained that, even with boost, it is better to run the projected tip in a street application, since it keeps the tip of the plug burned cleaner, keeping it from fouling. The coldest "Resistor" plug I can come up with in the NGK, with a tapered seat, .460" reach, 5/8" wrench is the NGK UR6(7773 Stock Number)plugs. The NGK Tech says it is 2 steps colder than stock Heat range, so that should work for me. I have since read quite a few people using them with great results in Street boosted applications as well. Anyone see any problems with the UR6 plug in this application?